Club Med Yabuli

First CM village in China to open this winter

Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Sep
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Justed googled a bit and found out, that Yabuli is the first Club Med resort with its own web page (at least, this is what I think).

http://en.clubmedyabuli.com/

Opening on November 27, 2010.

I think I'll stick to the much closer Swiss Alps!
Please login or register to reply
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Sep
Kiki, looking at those buildings, you could be in the Swiss Alps! I sort of expected some oriental influence in the architecture, but, nope. The photos make it look very isolated. I hope that it isn't.

Kiki, does this mean that you are going to trade two of your weeks at Albion for two weeks here?

John
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Sep
quote:
Originally posted by John-Chicago

Kiki, does this mean that you are going to trade two of your weeks at Albion for two weeks here?

John

You must be kidding! No way!
chrisbo
538 Posts
Sep
You should try Kiki.... the chief of sports and animation is a very nice chap from Australia. He was in Yabuli these days. I hope that he will give me some info on the future village.
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Sep
Chris

There are lots of other villages I should try before...
I don't even want to give names, but just a few: El Gouna, Grégo, Columbus, Kani, CM2...
I think Albion is already a good change as well!

D-10! YES!!

Enjoy your weekend. Superb weather, right!
chrisbo
538 Posts
Sep
Have a nice holiday Kiki enjoy your time.

Yes, great weather these days. We were at a wedding this afternoon and everybody was prepared to get rain... Not a single drop, only sunshine !

Well, I know 2 out of the 5 places you mention. The last one is really worth it ! Save some money and ... GO for it !

Big bisous...
whrez
159 Posts
Sep
Interesting - thanks for posting. Would love to hear reports on the food once it opens.

On a somewhat related note....
Fosun of China Buys Stake in Club Med
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/14/business/global/14club.html?dbk
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65C1EU20100613
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Sep
Hmm, the Reuters report was very interesting. Having spent time in China last year, my advice to college students when I got back was-Study Mandarin. CM, you are potentially dancing with the devil here. I really don't know if it is bad or good, but never, never underestimate the Chinese. This will be very interesting.

John
JAMESSITE
1652 Posts
Sep
Being one of the few who know of the CM on Kauai, it was a joint venture with Japanese and it just didnt work. I dont know if it was clash of culture business way of running things or what. I wish them luck in China.

How many gold bar beads?
chrisbo
538 Posts
Sep
I'm sure it will work out fine in China. We met many chinese GMs in different Asian villages. They like the system, they enjoy having fun, and love the open bar. The time when Chinese only rode bikes is over.... The Chinese who have money, have a lot money... and they will spend it at Club Med... It's new there and is part of "MODERN LIFE" !
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Sep
chrisbo,
You are absolutely right on all counts. I have been to many Asian villages, and, although, there were never a large number of Chinese GM's, they were always a lot of fun to be with, and were very intelligent and always wanting to know more about America. Being nearly the only American at these clubs, they enjoyed having me at their tables.

When I visited China our travel agency told us not to wear T-Shirts with American themes, because it would identify us as a tourist. Like the Chinese wouldn't notice me if I didn't wear that kind of shirt . Guess what? It was the Chinese who were wearing the Harley Davidson T-shirts!

John
JAMESSITE
1652 Posts
Sep
So I guess CM and the Chinese government will be working smoothly together.

How many gold bar beads?
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Sep
Jim,
If things proceed as they do normally, in a few years CM will be working FOR the Chinese government .

John
jia_zhaoyang
3 Posts
Nov
hey,guys, i am going internshipp at cm yabuli this winter, do you guys have any suggestions? what about tips? rummor has it they dont allow tips at CM,is that true?
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Nov
Correct, one does not tip in Club Med villages. But, the maid who makes your room will be pleased to get a little something. Also, the local staff, especially if they've done you a favour.

Rather than tipping, guests (the GMs) bring the GOs presents like newspapers, chocolate, etc. or leave stuff like toiletries, sun cream, etc. when they leave.

Re. the tipping, you might want to read this topic:
http://clubmedplanet.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4881&SearchTerms=tipping

Good luck with your internship.

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 7/27/2024 at 1:03:34 PM