Club Med Athenia 

G.O's - News -

Fresh questions about Athenia

Joseph
135 Posts
Jan
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
At last I have managed to convince my family to come with me to a Club Med holiday! But before I can book Athenia, it will be helpful if anyone could help me with the following questions:

(1) I heard from some people that Athenia is at the lowest level that exists in CM. “It’s a terrible club”, said one of CM representatives, "We don't do 2 Tridents any more". Is it really that bad? how are the rooms? do they have air conditioning? and how is the food?

(2) Does anyone have updated prices for how much it should cost to take a taxi to the club from the international airport at Spata and how much will it be from the centre of Athens (we think of going there few days in advance, ending our holiday in the Club). I don’t need exact prices; some estimates will be enough.

(3) Are there still simple and easy ways to travel to Athens from the Club once we are there by bus/metro?

(4) Any idea who is going to be CDV there in June this year?

(5) How far is the bus stop from the village? how long should it take to walk there?

Thanks for any help,

Joseph
Please login or register to reply
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jan
Joseph

Regarding the rooms (AC, etc.), you will find the info here (click 'accommodation'):
http://www.clubmed.co.uk/cm/resorts-europe-greece-athenia-home_p-341-l-EN-v-ATHC-r-0-ac-vh.html

As for the food, that obviously depends on the chef de cuisine which usually changes every season. The list of CDV for summer 2010 isn't yet out.

Just one remark: since you're used to travel to more upscale villages, I'd not expect too much re. Athenia. From what I understand, it's pretty basic.

PS: I inserted your question 5) into your first post. You can edit yourself your posts by using the edit button.
Joseph
135 Posts
Feb
Thanks, Kiki, for your reply. I hope it won't be too basic, really... In any case, I have heard that the beach is wonderful so am looking forward to it. And not having a TV in the room is really great!

Any comments/ideas/guggestions from others will be more than welcome!

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 7/27/2024 at 8:14:00 AM