Club Med Nabeul

G.O's - News -

Information on Nabeul 2008

mart
2 Posts
Aug
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
I'm going to be in Nabeul next mid of Sept '08, so I have some questions:

1. does anyone know the cost of internet connection ? is it wireless also ?

2. does anyone know if there are phones (or taxiphones) in the village or nearby it to (economically) call italy ?

3. does anyone experienced "african" problem (food/water related problems ) ??

4. how is the village, overall ??

Thanks for the reply... bye bye all
martino
Please login or register to reply
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Aug
1. I believe there's no Wifi, not even sure about internet access. Go outside, it will be cheaper anyway. Ask the GOs about a good place.
2. Ask a GO how to phone Italy the cheapest way.
3. Drink only bottled water, avoid ice cubes and be careful with salads and wash/peel fruit.
4. Reviews are from so-so to excellent this summer. Always depends on what a person expects (room, food, shows, team, etc.).

Do not forget you'll be there during Ramadan (the whole month of September) which can slow down things. Muslim GOs do not eat, drink, smoke during the day and they will have dinner once the sun has gone down. Exactly the time, when GMs go to the aperitif. Service at the bar can be slow. Order simple things rather than complicated cocktails, because GOs serving you won't necessarily be bar GOs.
Personally, I avoid going to a Muslim country during Ramadan in the future (was at Djerba Méridiana last year at that time).

Have a great holiday!

D-54!
mart
2 Posts
Aug
Ok thank you very much for all your informations. Just a couple more:

1. is there plenty of bottled water at the village ??

2. is there any other thing / precaution to take considering it's ramadan (going outside the village, approaching people, etc...)

thanks a lot and have a nice day...
mart
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Aug
1. Bottled water is available for free at the bar. No problem whatsoever. And pack some Imodium, just in case.

2. During Ramadan, try not to drink/eat/smoke in front of people, in case you go outside the village. In the village itself, the GOs and GEs (local staff) are used to that. Try to remember not to offer the GOs to drinks (not even water) during the day, but after sunset, no problem. They will catch up during the evening.
It's really hard for some, especially for the sports GOs and Ramadan is every year some 10 days earlier. So, next year, it will already even in August, one of the hottest months.
Other than that, September is a perfect month for Tunisia. Also, I believe there is no air conditioning in the rooms, but in September, nights are more bearable compared to June-August anyway.

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 7/27/2024 at 7:13:14 AM