Club Med Agadir

Club Med Agadir - Feedback

Globetrotter
6 Posts
Jul
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
I have just returned from a family vacation (9 days) spent at the Agadir village in Morocco. It was simply great fun! Especially for the kids. The staff was very friendly and extremely present at anytime during the day. The weather was just right due to the refreshing Atlantic breeze. All activities took place at the Village and at the Ranch. The Disco opens for a couple of hours two nights a week and no one goes there. Nautical activities are however nonexistent (too bad) but again, it is not the Carabean nor the Mediterranean. The crowd started to arrive on July 10 and although it triggered a flurry of activities the overall friendly and peaceful atmosphere was impacted negatively. I recommend for anyone to be planning to go there to avoid the July-August rush. Overall great experience. Will definitely go back there again.
Please login or register to reply
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jul
Thanks for that feedback, Globetrotter.
Unfortunately, Agadir isn't really among the most visited villages by the CMP members.
(Just saw that you didn't get a single answer when you inquired before leaving.)

I've been there once in early March and we had glorious weather, although the evenings were somewhat chilly.
I agree with you, it's not the village to go for nautical activities, but rather for golf, tennis and horse riding.

What did you think of the CDV? I've only heard good things, but never managed to go to one of 'his' villages.
Well maybe, some time...

Just curious too, how was the nationality mix When I was there, it was mostly French.

And sure, I do agree with you, most villages should possibly be avoided in July/August...

PS: Just wondering why you posted this in the 'Questions' forum and not in the 'Agadir' forum which is here:
http://www.clubmedplanet.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=173
Globetrotter
6 Posts
Jul
Thanks for the reply Kiki. I only got to see the CDV on the last day during a play (he knows how to get the crowd going!). However, all of the GOs I have talked to speak very highly of him and all seem genuinely happy working there.I think his reputation precedes him. Good for him. As I will be going more and more to CM villages in Europe and North Africa because of proximity (my kids are quite young and very rowdy in planes!), is there another forum in French or English where I can get info/reviews and exchange views? As for why I have posted my feedback here, I am new at this so I just did it without really looking at a more appropriate place.

Cheers
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jul
As far as I know, this is the one and only forum about Club Med in English!

You'll find two of the three French forum links in my profile (under 'cool links'). Just click onto my name and they will appear.
The third one is here: http://www.macase.net

PS: Where are you located
Globetrotter
6 Posts
Jul
The family is in France in Winter and in Switzerland in the Summer but I live constantly in hotels across Europe and the Middle-East due to my work (I do that all year long). Also I forgot to tell you that most of the crowd in Agadir during my stay was French (around 80%) then some Belgians, Swiss and Spaniards. Thanks for the site address I will check it now :)
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jul
Thanks.
I was almost sure that the crowd was very French with some other European nationalities though.

PS: You won't find that much about Agadir on the French forums.
The most lively forums are the ones about the 'adults only' villages, i.e. Djerba La Fidèle, Kemer in particular and also Otranto.
Also, quite some info about Djerba La Douce, Yasmina, Palmiye, Gregolimano and some villages on other continents.
Globetrotter
6 Posts
Jul
Yeah, I see that. I was thinking about going to Palmiye initially but the kids opted for Agadir as they have been a few times to the Antalya coast and to the Bodrum area. I heard that Smir was a good place. During aday trip to Marrakech, I have visited briefly the 2 villages there and I did not like them. First impressions last....................with me at least.
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jul
I believe, Palmiye should be nice for a family, maybe not July/August.
Also depends a bit on the age of your children. But most people seem to like it. I once booked it, but cancelled it later to go back to Mauritius. Same goes for Djerba La Douce and Yasmina, i.e. fine for families, especially May-June and September.

As for Marrakech, it's a different type of vacation there and usually lots of golfers. Besides, very pricey, especially Le Riad, the most upscale of all the three Marrakech villages.
Globetrotter
6 Posts
Jul
Thanks for the advice Kiki. will make good use of it. cheers

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 7/27/2024 at 7:08:03 AM