News

check in day

adamnowicki
6 Posts
Jun
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
for 2008 season at Val'd isere what is the first day of the 7 day stay
Saturday or Sunday?
at Crested B or Copper we arrived and checked in on Sat signed up for school sorted out skiing classes on Sunday am and skied as a group for the rest of Sunday the Wednesday was a family day and the stay ended on Saturday where you could ski with your instructor for a half a day too .
that are the rules at Val d' isere for Feb 2008 ?
Thanks
Adam
Please login or register to reply
chrisbo
538 Posts
Jun
Hi Adam,

In the European Trident, the check-in day is Sunday for Val d'Isère. Some others are Saturday. If you tell me exactly which ones you are interested in, I'm glad to tell you the corresponding days.

Just tell me....

Chrisbo
adamnowicki
6 Posts
Jun
Thank you Chrisbo
we are scheduled for 7 days at Val'dIsere Feb 16 th for 7 days
coming from NYC via Geneva
Should we get Club Med transport and transfers or come in on Saturday rent a car spent one day in Genvewa with 15 year old kid, expolre Geneva drive to Val over the mountains , park at Club Med - garage cost any ideas ?? - and the drive back to Geneva on Sunday ???
what do you think?
Adam
indiana
480 Posts
Jun
I believe all villages which have Paris land/train transfer to Bourg St maurice and bus transfer to the particular village have weekly packages starting on Sunday, and train transfer to Moutiers and bus transfer to the village starting on Saturday. According to 2006-7 CM catalogue (known as 'Trident Neige 2006-2007 'in France) 7 day closed parking is 80 euros at Val D'Isere, and reservation is recommended ( or you may not have a spot, you cannot park on the street , and Val D'Isere is a cute, lively and expensive resort with narrow streets -think Vail) . I do not know the rates for the upcoming season, CM USA should (hopefully) help. CM bus transfer from Geneva is convenient, could cost less ( and probably free if you buy your airfare from CM) than rental. Bus transfer is 4-4.5 hrs; but if there is traffic/accident on the road(not unusual), it is longer. Personally I would prefer not to drive to Val D'Isere since your week will be full, and you do not need a car outside CM (there are free local shuttles). Driving under snow (possible), high gasoline price, cost of rental&insurance may not justify it. I have been there Jan 2004, at Val Thorens March 2007, and I will go to Arcs Extreme April 2008: I always use Paris transfer.
chrisbo
538 Posts
Jun
Hi Adam,

What Indiana says is correct. Of course, for me living in Switzerland, I would recommend you to fly to Geneva and take the CM transfer coach. This is certainly the cheapest and safest way. You have direct flights from NY on Swiss and Continental.

Now, if you would like to see some of France, then take the train (TGV is the high speed train) from Paris. They are very comfortable.

I wish you a wonderful time in the European Alps.

Chrisbo (if you need more info about Geneva and surroundings, let me know).
adamnowicki
6 Posts
Jul
Chrisbo!
It looks like we are looking at the following scenario
Friday night fly NYC into Geneva , rent a car stay at B&B – nice place- walk Geneva Sat –rest of the day , have a breakfast see more of Geneva and slowly start driving to Val.. on Sunday
I did something similar flying into Lyon two days there, drive to Val and on the way back stay in Chambery then Lyon and back to NYC Great trip!!!!
I drive stick and I’m a veteran of many passages of Vail Pass in raging snow and ice storms….so I think I can cope with that drive too .
What would you recommend to stay at and to see for middle aged veteran skier and his 15 year old daughter in Geneva ? any good roads leading to France like Autostradas that are well maintained in winter … Oh I’m getting so much ahead of myself here…
Thanks for any pointers from you
Adam
adamnowicki
6 Posts
Oct
nope
none of the above When booking I did not know that air fare is non refundable ..
so Swiss Inter into Geneva Transfers courtesy of Club Med
if they still remember us and then on to the new adventure ....
But, I must say Club Med arrangements in the USA, NYC to Crested Butte were great
not cheap
but it worked very well .
too bad they sold that resort ...
Thanks for your patience
Adam

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 7/27/2024 at 12:40:20 PM