Club Med Expert Agent
Home of a whole lot of Club Med information since 2003
Club Med Ski - Snow

News

Bus Travel in Chamonix - Is it that bad?

Radiohead
4 Posts
Dec
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Hi,

A small group of us are planning to go to Chamonix next March, but I'd like to clear a couple of things up:

Is CM Chamonix ski in/ski out or not? It doesn't say on the site.

I've heard that you have to get the bus to get around and I've heard some stories that the bus service can get really busy and you could be waiting for up to an hour to get on one (unless you push people out of the way)!

Does anyone have any experiences of this?

Many thanks,

Paul (Radiohead)
Please login or register to reply
sib
20 Posts
Dec
The bus service in Chamonix is very interesting..... During peak hours it can be difficult to get on a bus - we found that we just decided each day on which mountain to ski on depending on which bus we could get. The buses get jam packed full which makes for an interesting ride - especially seeing as the drivers fly around the roads with no concerns that they have passengers trying to stand in the aisles.....
Chamonix is not ski in ski out (although i did not see where the CM was located)...
We stayed in Feb this year and the snow was dreadful - very icy and certainly not my favourite skiing destination - I would suggest Le Trois vallee's may be better. Although if you go to Chamonix you must take the bus to Courmayeur for a day in Italy ( it is only 30mins and a beautiful village). Also the trip up Aiguille du midi is amazing to see mont blanc and the mountain ranges - quite spectacular.
Radiohead
4 Posts
Dec
Thanks for the response, sib.

Some useful information to consider and some decent ideas for day trips. We'll probably be taking lessons as part of the package, so may need to be at a certain place (at a cetain time) to meet up with the class, but all in all, lots of things to think about. I'll get back to the others in my group and see what they've come up with.

Cheers,

Paul

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 7/27/2024 at 11:47:14 AM