Club Med Expert Agent
Home of a whole lot of Club Med information since 2003
Club Med Ski - Snow

News

Best way to get to Val Thorens from Geneve???

Guto Caram
12 Posts
Jan
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
I would like to know the best way to get to Val Thorens ( cost x benefits ) from Geneve? I will be with my wife and there are also the heavy suitcases. Can anyone help me?
Thanks.
Please login or register to reply
MarjoleinF
14 Posts
Jan
You can find bus timetables on the geneva airport site: www.gva.ch/en/default.htm.
In the "transportation - access" link you can select "ski resort" (top center of that page) and you'll find timetables for the various ski stations.

If you're going to the ClubMed in ValTho: say hi to my friends working in the bar there: Elleke (Dutch girl like me) and Xavier (I met them in Vittel). I will be skiing in Les Arcs in 3 weeks.
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jan
The Val Thorens web page gives you all types of access (by car, train, bus).

Click the following link and then continue with 'access by train' or 'access by bus'.
I didn't check it out entirely, but you may possibly even find transportation as from the the Geneva airport. As for the heavy suitcases, you will possibly have to carry them at certain moments, at least until you arrive at the village itself.

http://www.valthorens.com/hiver.asp?item=600&link=itineraire
Scroll down the page to choose your language (French, English, German, Italian).
Joe
88 Posts
Jan
You can find the timetable from Geneva to Valtho on
http://www.touriscar.net/us_pages_touriscar/horaires.pdf
chrisbo
538 Posts
Jan
You can also rent a car. There is no problem to cross boarders (Switzerland/France) with rented cars. It takes a bit less than 2 hours from Geneva airport to Moûtiers and you then take the mountain road up to Val Tho.

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 7/27/2024 at 12:23:47 PM