Club Med Magic Haiti

G.O's - News -

A special place

alias
39 Posts
Jan
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
I've been there in 1996...
Now Haiti, with is magic, is in my heart and in my mind...
It's a peaty that now there are so problems there...
Please login or register to reply
Robbedoes
338 Posts
Feb
Yes, it really is sad that there is so much trouble in Haiti. And, it is
sad that Magic Haiti is closed (again). I was there in January 1997,
and it was one of my best Club Med holidays ever !

"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most." (Ozzy Ozbourne)
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Feb
I don't know anyone, I mean anyone, who went to the Club there and didn't totally enjoy it. Of all the clubs I have visited (20), this was as close to what the club is supposed to be about than any other. A very mellow feeling. So sad now.

John
tommyb061
157 Posts
Jun
I always wanted to go but never got around to it -- how did it draw and were there any cool excursions? I have met a few Haitians who worked there a few seasons (they now work on Macinaw Island during Summers). Nice people.

"Anybody got an extra yellow?"
TheClapHurts
17 Posts
Mar
I heard from an ex GO that they evacuated the GM's at least once because of rebels coming up to it having weapons. I always wondered if that was true or if she was just playing with me. Anyone know for sure?
bonniep61
75 Posts
Mar
definitely true-knew a GM who was there in the 80's.
TheClapHurts
17 Posts
Mar
That's a shame. Must have been slightly thrilling though.
alias
39 Posts
Mar
In January 1997 I was there and the elicopters of UN came to take us to the airport in Port-au-prince, because of a rebbelion along the road to the airport...
Amazing telling this story to friends when I came back, but I am still so sad when I think of Haiti...
TheClapHurts
17 Posts
Mar
I went to Haiti in 1998 as a part of a relief mission with a church in Florida. I was there for 4 days living on the edge of Port Au Prince trying to get people help and medical attention. It was pretty depressing. After 4 days they decided to evacuate us due to problems like were mentioned. Rebels with heavy automatic weapons were within a few miles of us and since we were civilians we needed to be brought out.

I heard the story about CM being evacuated after I came back and several years later.

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 7/27/2024 at 11:41:02 AM