Home of a whole lot of Club Med information since 2003
Club Med Questions

News

Chefs de Villages

itsi
14 Posts
Nov
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
How do Karim Fajr (La Pointe aux Canonniers, Mauritius) compare with Youssef Dahri (Agadir/Bali) ?

RThomason
Please login or register to reply
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Nov
Welcome to CMP!

You may want to read this thread (3 pages long) about great past and present CDVs.
Both of them are long standing CDVs and have an excellent reputation.
You should find their names here and there in this forum (use sarch function).
http://www.clubmedplanet.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3427&whichpage=1

You can also read feedbacks on Cherating where Karim was before:
http://www.clubmedplanet.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6052

Also note, that Karim's brother is a CMP member.

PS: Please discuss very personal opinions by e-mail or PM. Thanks.
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Nov
The most telling way to know about a CDV is to listen to the GO's. I just got an email from a GO in Cherating who said that she was really going to miss Karim because he was a great CDV. I couldn't agree more. That club ran like a Swiss watch.

John
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Nov
John,

I basically agree with you. However, when a CDV is good with the GOs, usually, he/she is also appreciated by the GMs and this is being reflected in everything, i.e. the atmosphere in the village, the GOs being sort of laidback, etc.

However, he/she may be appreciated by the GMs, but not so much by the GOs who work with him/her for an extended time. But to get really aware of this, you must have been to several villages to compare and being maybe close to some GOs you've met before to tell the possible and obvious differences.

I am saying this again, I tend to choose the villages I want to go to according to the CDV rather than the villages themselves and I haven't been disappointed so far.

Being a Mauritius regular, I am still hesitating between La Pointe and Phuket right now. But then, it's going to be one of the two Karim's for sure!
Jaypay
100 Posts
Nov
Kiki, do you know who the new CDV will be for Cancun? I hear they will be changing soon. Thanks!
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Nov
The list of the CDVs can be found in the 'Information' forum as a sticky thread.

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/27/2024 at 12:09:49 AM