Home of a whole lot of Club Med information since 2003
Club Med Information

News

Great CDV: Past and Present

ellentheb
294 Posts
Oct
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
I have been going to LE Club for the past 25 some odd years first single and then with my husband

I can recall a few great CDV's

My first trip to Paradise in Winter 82 the Chef De Village was an American named Rod

Later in Caravelle John Pierre Rock was CDV I read some where he is still a CDV

There are so many more but my brain is being taken over by a Senior Moment

Any one receall any other memorable or less than memoreable

C'est Bonne Pour Le Morale!
Please login or register to reply
Margarita Girl
598 Posts
Oct
I am thinking of not touching this subject.

However, this is my impression so far:

Marco is very business like and is a hard worker.
Gus is the same however seems to make new friends like family.
I like Hendel too he is very much involved in the village and activities.
Alessandro is very much a family orientated person and likes to make sure his guests are happy, he is very hands on as well.

Nathalie
JAMESSITE
1652 Posts
Oct
I would add Hammer (Chris Keeley) to this list.

Jim
Nightshade
879 Posts
Oct
I was thinking of greats from the past and remembered my CDV from Sonora Bay first name was Christian and for the life of me I can not remember his last name I guess old age is catching up.

Also loved Danny Stablini had alot of fun with him running about the village playing pranks on unsuspecting GMs.

There are more but forthe life of me I camn not remember their names I am talking the dark past of the 80's.

Now I have met Greg Synder here in Scottsdale when he took a break great guy had a great talk seems he started about the time I was leaving the club as a Village GO.

Hendel I only have good things to say about him. Buccaneers Creek will rock this season.

Joey Templin is a excellent Cdv always on the GO great leader will always stop with a smile to chat with a GM.

And Keaton Smith although I never worked with him as a CDV (or Visited him as a GM) while he was. I remember he was a Great Chef of Sports I think he would have made a Great CDV.

Ok will think of more later I hope time to drag out the photo albums from my days as a GO.

"Where Are We Going And Why Am I In This Handbasket?"
CircusFSU
10 Posts
Oct
Does anyone remember MoMo or Lionel? The two of them were awesome, they both had so much energy and really liked to get the guests involved and see them have an amazing time. MoMo was in Caravelle and Hautulco when I saw him and Lionel was in Sandpiper.. both had to be almost 10 yrs ago though, pretty sure neither of them are CDVs anymore.
JAMESSITE
1652 Posts
Oct
Was MoMo from Algeria? If he was, then I was at Turks when he was there over Christmas vacation and he was good.
Was Lionel the CDS at Punta Cana ever? If he was, then I remember him also as being awesome and happy he moved up to CDV.
Jim
JAMESSITE
1652 Posts
Oct
If it is the same MoMo, he is CDV in Egypt.
Jim
Christina
636 Posts
Oct
What about Calogero? HE'S GREAT!!
GAR
468 Posts
Oct
I have to say GREAT past CDVs for me:
- Jean-Pierre Franquin
- Eric Peyronnet
- Mike Coltman

Great Current CDVs for me:
- Hendel Duplessy
- Luke "Gus" Nealy
- Chris "Hammer" Keely

Strong mentions:
- Kenton Smith
- Lefis Adraskelas
- Kevin Batt

By the way - there must be at least a dozen past / current CDVs named Momo so it may be hard to determine which one you are talking about.

G.A. xox
shari
489 Posts
Oct
Momo is awesome! I think his last name was something with a B? He had an infectious laugh and he could be in 20 places at one time (not an easy thing to accomplish in Huatulco!). There was another CDV in Huatulco, Moise, who was a great guy too. I also have to give credit to Hendel (can't wait to see him in February!) and Karim (in PI and CI as well). I didn't really like him at first, but the second time I came back and he saw me, it was like we were family. Good guys!

~Shari
GAR
468 Posts
Oct
The Momo you are refering to is Momo Belkaziz!

G.A. xox
JAMESSITE
1652 Posts
Oct
Yes, that MoMo was CDV when I was in Turks. He does have an infectious laugh and was always open to talk to anyone.
Jim
cndbeachbum
49 Posts
Oct
My top three picks from the last 10 years in the North American Zone have been Hendel, Kevin Batt and Lionel (can't remember Lionel's last name, the one I am thinking of was in Playa Blanca in spring 96).

Some fave memories of them:
Lionel lip synching with the mariachi band and doing a crazy sign that included "birds, birds, cafe, cafe, headache, headache" - can't remember the order.
Kevin getting a tape of En Tumba for me and his energy during crazy signs.
Hendel's smile, his cross-dressing during shows and the strange shots he would order for us at La Palapa (tequila, khalua and sambuca, to be sipped up through a straw)
cndbeachbum
49 Posts
Oct
I have to add Alessandro as well. I remember him from when he was CDS (Landsports) in Turks. He did some wicked water aerobic classes and he always broke out into laughter during the shows!
I had the pleasure of going back to Turks when he was CDV.
Everyday he walked the village, greeting, talking and joking with guests. I swore at one point there was more than one of him. He seemed to be everywhere, all of the time!
jayycee
784 Posts
Oct
Ok here my 2 cents, I met Momo years back in Turks drung the first renovations, there were numerous complaints abot noise from it around the pool and he didnt care. Finally 3 of us pulled him on the side and explained how unhappy everyone was an dhe needed to make a nice gestures, like a free drinl or something. He said no, but th enext night did bring out free drinks after the shows. I thought he did not handle it well. Hammer to me is the best, I knew him as Cjeif of sports and again twice as CDV and he is amazing. The rest that I have met were nice and decent but nothing to rave about: Eyal, Joey T, Paul and Kevin BAtt years and years ago.
GAR
468 Posts
Oct
Hey beach bum -
those shots are called "Mind Erasers"

G.A. xox
SingleDiver
7 Posts
Nov
Karin, Columbus Isle 2005; Ryan Leach Sonora Bay and now will be there when I go to Crested Butte!
exgodude
102 Posts
Nov
Back in the 90's...
Ye - took care of his GO team and stuck to the basics when it came to making the guests happy. He commanded respect and earned it.
Pierrot Ruffaldi - an all around great guy...never heard one bad thing about him. The only CDV I can actually say that about.
Mike Coltman - Old School CDV...I learned more about the concept of team and doing things the right way with him. Plus, It was always an adventure working for him.
As for the best CDV's of today - Hendel, Hammer, and Kevin Batt...Their GO teams rave about them and if you have a happy GO team you have a happy village/GMs
Exgodude
bonniep61
75 Posts
Nov
I had Ye as CDV in Playa way back when-awesome. I thought Aureol Stern was great @Sonora.He went out of his way to make sure everyone had a memorable experience.Hendel,Hammer, Teach and Alessandro were GREAT, however I had a horrendous experience with Ryan in cancun a few years back. Completely unhelpful and gave us misinformation when our room was broken into by a CM security guard(my roommate walked in on him and correctly ID'd him).
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Nov
If ever you want to see Ye again, I can inform you that he is back home on his island Mauritius... and just everybody seems to know him.

He owns a high speed boat and makes wonderful daily excursions for CM, but also for other hotels. He takes you to places where you can see tons of dolphins. For lunch there is lobster he prepares himself on the boat, after you have done some crazy signs in the bath tub warm water with a p'tit punch in your hand. Loved it!

I was lucky enough to see him again last April and then again this past October. His boat is anchored in front of the village and he spends evenings from time to time in the village, especially right now, since he's a very close friend with one GO who has been at Pointe aux Canonniers for about a year now and with whom he had worked quite a couple of seasons before leaving.

He's doing fine as does his Italian wife and his two kids. I met him back in 1996 at Turks. Ah, only very good memories...
chabella
152 Posts
Nov
Hey Beach bum...Did you work or we're you a GM?! I was in Turks spring of '97 as traffic GO...Maybe we crossed path!

Izabel :)
chrisbo
538 Posts
Nov
quote:
Originally posted by JAMESSITE

If it is the same MoMo, he is CDV in Egypt.
Jim

this is not correct. He is not CdV in Egypt. He was CdV in El Gouna for Summer 2004 and Winter 2004/05 but since May 2005, he is not CdV anymore in El Gouna. He has other tasks in Egypt.
However, he is almost every day in El Gouna CM as he takes his meals there.
For your information, the current Chef de Village since MAy 2005 is Laurent Michaud. He will stay there until Spring 2006.
Carlitos
7 Posts
Nov
What about Gustavo Riveiro from Brasil..

Carlos"Carlitos"Dipres
chabella
152 Posts
Nov
I had Gustavo as CDV in Punta Cana...Very smooth chief, very nice! Almost never saw him around the village though, only for the show and crazy signs! Then again, his wife just had a baby when I was there...he had other things on his mind i guess!!!

IZ :)
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Aug
I just thought to add something to this thread, so it gets to the top again for the ones who would like to add something.

Also, regarding the discussion about Momo (Belkeziz), we could continue here instead of discussing it in the 'CDV winter' thread.. Just an idea.

Beachbum,
The CDV you can't remember the last name, is most likely Benzoni (Lionel).
Sav
139 Posts
Aug
is Momo the tall thin CDV from Maroc? He was very present and active when he was CDV in Bali a few years back...he was also very nice to the GOs and granted one of my friends a transfer because of a relationship :)
Glad to know he's happily married!
Pirate15
182 Posts
Aug
I think Karim Dos Santos did an excellent job in Martinique (2004). He ran the team really well and definitely went above and beyond to extend to us as the only american/english speaking family

- Capt. Gigs -
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Aug
Well, Karim Dos Santos is going to be in Kabira this winter season. Unfortunately, that village is everything but next door. Apparently, the beach is outstanding and great for water sports.

Anyway, here are just some CDVs, all great in different ways though, I really liked. Some of them have retired or work in the offices now:

Jean-Louis Dromas (retired)
Carlos Castro (now somewhere in the Miami office??)
Patrick Calvet (THE chef of the CDVs in Paris)
Jonathan Bismuth (runs a café in Paris)
Bissoonath Jhurry (aka Ye) now in Mauritius (works for CM)
Jimmy Chicheportiche (CM travel agent in F-Nancy)
Saber Faijr (Karbira, Lindeman this winter)
Bruno Ghilardi (La Pointe aux Canonniers this winter)
Medhi Kamali (Athenia, Boucaniers this winter)

clubmike
84 Posts
Aug
My favorite was the team that opened "TurrrrKOY-SUH" in 1986?
CDV Jean Pierre and wife Jo Jo (whom the dolphin was named after) I think I heard she past away some time ago. Also, Vince Farelley from England and Michel from France were a great comical tag team. Anyone remember?
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Aug
Well, I do remember Jo Jo, yes... the dolphin, I mean.
ellentheb
294 Posts
Aug
I was in Turks that season, infact the second week the club was open. I guess it was new years week 87. I thought Turks opened earlier than that I remmeber Jo Jo both the dolphin the woman but can not for the life of me recall the name of the CDV

_____________________________________________________________________________________
My favorite was the team that opened "TurrrrKOY-SUH" in 1986?
CDV Jean Pierre and wife Jo Jo (whom the dolphin was named after) I think I heard she past away some time ago. Also, Vince Farelley from England and Michel from France were a great comical tag team. Anyone remember?

C'est Bon Pour Le Moral!
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Aug
With some luck, chrisbo will remember the name, especially since it seems to have been a French CDV who has most probably been managing villages over here.

Coucou ma chère,
Tu t'en souviens?
chrisbo
538 Posts
Aug
Kiki my memory sometimes fails. It could be Jean-Pierre Batard or Jean-Pierre Bernardi who are not CdV anylonger, but I don't know what they became. Although Jean-Pierre Franquin has been CdV for quite some years now, but I think back in 1986/87 he had not yet that function.

Did he have a kind of a broken voice? Was his wife Swiss ? If so, you are talking about Jean-Pierre Bernardi.

I cannot recall myself Jean-Pierre Batard.. sorry JPB if you read this... I cannot remember each and every CdV I've seen.

Sorry, I cannot think right now of another Jean-Pierre... guess I'm getting old....

I'll get back if my candle lights up !
chrisbo
538 Posts
Aug
Kiki - j'ai fait un maximum pour vous renseigner. J'ai une connaissance qui bosse au CM à Paris, je vais essayer de lui demander si elle s'en souvient.
clubmike
84 Posts
Aug
I don't know Jo Jo's background. May have been Swiss, but she was a tall beautiful lady about 35 at the time with long blond hair. Jean Pierre had brown hair, perhaps late 40s then. I am pretty sure they were married. Time makes the facts fuzzy. Fantastic team. I hope the news I heard was wrong that she passed away. Once again, Vince and Michel were outstanding as well. Cheers from "Mr. Big and Mr. Little Big." If anyone remembers that--please get in touch!
Tschun
18 Posts
Aug
I can remember Pierre and Jo Jo quite well. I met them back in the early 80's at Djerba la Douce and then La Caravelle. Jo Jo was the chief hostess (a very charming, hard working lady).Unfortunately she passed away (I believe in a car accident) a few years ago. By the way: can anyone remember "petit-Pierre (those days he was a swimming instructor)? He used to be with Pierre and JoJo for a long time.
Tschun
18 Posts
Aug
Sorry forgot to write Pierre "Simes" (don't know how to spell his family name correctly)
ellentheb
294 Posts
Aug
I am sorry to hear that about Jo Jo, Who is Petit Pierre, I do recall a GM who stayed on as a GO in Carevelle in the mid 80's is this the same guy. I think in real life he was a lawyer from Montreal

C'est Bon Pour Le Moral!
ReefPolice
315 Posts
Aug
>>I had Ye as CDV in Playa way back when-awesome. I thought Aureol Stern was great @Sonora.He went out of his way to make sure everyone had a memorable experience.<<

Ye (from Mauritius) and Aureo Stern (from Brazil?) both used to do the same special acts: walking on nails & fire swallowing. If you asked Ye about it, he said that he taught Aureo how to do them; if you asked Aureo, he said that he taught Ye how to do them. They were both warm, funny, and wonderful people & great CDV's. We were with Ye in several different villages, including Cancun & Playa Blanca. We were with Aureo in Sonora Bay.
Sadly, we were told a few years ago (by another CDV) that Aureo was killed in a car accident. Ye, I believe, has left Club Med and may be back in Mauritius.

Adria
ardurand
74 Posts
Aug
Hola!
For those who don't know who Jean Pierre Bastard is, he was a CDV who played the violin (not, it's not Gus, it's the generation before him) spent many years in Villars,was there for the closing in Haiti, his wife was still working in Tignes in 1999 for the summer season.
Besides, if you recall the campaign of "We keep everything, we change everything," JP B. is the guy on the poster who has a beard, a big hat and flowers saying "Hi" to P. Bourguignon who is wearing a tie and a suit.
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Aug
quote:
Originally posted by ReefPolice
Ye, I believe, has left Club Med and may be back in Mauritius.

ReefPolice,
What I wrote in my post of August 29 (page 3).

Going back to La Pointe aux Canonniers on September 30!
chrisbo
538 Posts
Aug
Let's go back to Jean-Pierre of whom nobody is sure about the last name.

My goods friends in CM in Paris are almost sure that it was
Jean-Pierre Grand. This this name lights a candle to anybody, please feel free to express yourself.

Thank you very much CM girls in Paris...
GAR
468 Posts
Sep
ReefPolice,

I regret to inform you that Aureo Stern passed away a couple of years ago in a motorcycle accident.

He is foundly remembered by many.

G.A. xox
all1974
27 Posts
Sep
And what about Michele Staiano?
I think he is a really nice CDV...
Like Gilles Lacrampe...
I don't like Bruno Ghilardi and Fred Dawance...
ardurand
74 Posts
Sep
JP Grand was CDV in Paradise in 99, in 01 or 02 was CDV in la Caravelle and then went to work in Lyon in the HR team. Married to Kim. I assume they are still in France.
gregrusas
241 Posts
Sep
Michele Staiano was THE best G.O I had ever seen. I have NO idea how he is as a CDV however. If you can believe that they were never going to even pass him as Chief of Sports let alone as a CDV, is an amazing story. I'm glad I got the chance to meet and work with him.

Greg
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Sep
Referring to my post of August 29, page 3 in this thread, I am most happy to read in today's NYT, that Jean-Louis Dromas hasn't retired yet, but is still within Club Med. However, I am almost sure that he's well over 60. Good to hear that such experienced people who have known the good old times of Club Méditerranée give advice. At least they know what they're talking about...

quote:
“There was a time when guests were cooking and washing dishes together in the Baleares,” said Jean-Louis Dromas, a Club Med employee for 34 years who handles public relations for the company in Marrakesh, referring to the club’s original outpost on the Balearic Islands of Spain. “The club has evolved like the clientele, and you won’t find any guests washing dishes anymore.”
unquote

Lioness,
Thanks for having put the article here on CMP.

D-24
columbus
4 Posts
Sep
for me there is only one Momo
ex tennis GO, chef de sport, chef de village, phantastic animator
(funny tennis)
he is from Morokko, family name Belkeziz.

quote:
Originally posted by GAR

I have to say GREAT past CDVs for me:
- Jean-Pierre Franquin
- Eric Peyronnet
- Mike Coltman

Great Current CDVs for me:
- Hendel Duplessy
- Luke "Gus" Nealy
- Chris "Hammer" Keely

Strong mentions:
- Kenton Smith
- Lefis Adraskelas
- Kevin Batt

By the way - there must be at least a dozen past / current CDVs named Momo so it may be hard to determine which one you are talking about.

G.A. xox

Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jan
Just giving this thread a bump. Might be of some interest to CM newbies.
mickey
48 Posts
Jan
Medhi Kamali (Athenia, Boucaniers this winter) he´s in my piont of view the best, I worked with him two seasons and hope to work again somewhere with him he is a very good CDV with a big heart and a great smile! I think he is nice with GMs and GOs / GEs.
Sergio
2 Posts
Jan

I vote for Mike Coltman!!!!!!!
lacostumiere
2 Posts
Jan
I did Punta Cana and Turquoise with Kevin Batt in 1996 and 1997.
He was not the "I am the CDV" kind, he fitted the GO team so that no GM knew who he was except when he hang around with his two parrots. He used to build a GO entity by making different teams work hand in hand, instead of bringing one team against the other one.
Great guy, nice, handsome, correct.

Hammer was his chief of sports, a nice guy, even though I did not have much to deal with him (excursions for that season). I guess he made a great CDV, since he learnt with Kevin.

la costumiere
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Mar
Just topping in case some of the newer members want to add something.
JAMESSITE
1652 Posts
Mar
Lacostumiere

Did you know Rommie (miniclub) and Eric (sound engineer) who were GOs and got married during Kevin's time as CDV? They had their wedding at the Club.

Jim

How many gold bar beads?
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Oct
After my most wonderful holiday at Djerba-Méridiana, I just have to add to my list of favourite CDVs:

Youssef Sabri!

He did the most superb job there (first season as CDV) and I didn't hear a single negative comment from whomsoever!

He'll be at Cap Skirring this winter and some GMs I met in Djerba are going to see him there.

Good luck, Youssef!
chrisbo
538 Posts
Oct
Kiki, we met him in Agadir when he was looking after the "juniors"...and therefore, my daughter... She keeps him as a wonderful GO in her memory.
Oct
Olivier Sanchez, I think that's his name.
CDV at Nabeul last year?

Really friendly and welcoming made everything lots of fun.
Keith Macnab
54 Posts
Dec
I was at PI in 2001 with Kevin Batt and this guy was amazing. Every GM and GO he treated with the upt most respect and heknew how to get the everyone motivated. Kinda like Anthony Robbins if he was a beach bum.
Good times were had by all
Hakkee
48 Posts
Dec
Hendel ...... that's all

I've worked with Hendel in Martinique for 10 months....

He's the best

Like no other........

Flavio
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
May
Back from Phuket, I have to add another great CDV:

Karim Dos Santos!

A very experienced and professional CDV. Always smiling and open for a word, appreciated by both GOs and GMs, a very classy guy doing a great job in a village that isn't all that easy to run with all the different nationalities and cultures.

Karim, wishing you a good summer season and hope to seeing you soon again in a village somewhat closer to Europe.

Bravo and thanks again, Karim, we had the most wonderful time!

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 5/7/2024 at 5:49:36 PM