1. How much cash should one anticipate spending while at the resort for a 2 week stay? Is there anything food/beverage-wise that costs extra, or additional costs that Club Med charges upon arrival or discharge? YOU SIGN UP AT ARRIVAL WITH A CARD THAT YOU CHARGE ON FOR EXPENSES.JUST BE CAREFUL BECAUSE THEY CAN ADD UP QUICKLY. YOU CAN SPEND AT THE BOUTIQUE FOR THINGS OR CHARGE. SO YOU CAN MAKE FINAL PAYMENT WHEN YOU CHECK OUT.THERE IS A $10 TOURIST CARD CHARGE PER PERSON ON ARRIVAL AT THE AIRPORT, NO MATTER WHAT AGE. DID YOU BOOK FLIGHT WITH CLUB MED OR ON YOUR OWN? IF ON YOUR OWN, YOU NEED TRANSPORT FROM AIRPORT TO VILLAGE. IF YOU BOOKED AIR THROUGH CLUB MED, THEY WILL PROVIDE AIRPORT TRANSFER AS PART OF THE PACKAGE.
2. What is the preferred currency one should take? US DOLLARS IS FINE
3. I have some kids that really want to swim with the dolphins. Does Club Med offer an excursion or is it better to arrange that on one's own. If the latter, what is the best and safest company to deal with? THERE IS AN EXCURSION TEAM THERE. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE COST DIFFERENCE IS BETWEEN BOOKING THROUGH THEM OR ON YOUR OWN. BUT SOMETIMES EASIER TO PAY MORE AND HAVE THEM MAKE THE ARRANGEMENTS
4. What is the security like at Club Med. Is it safe to go into town?THERE IS SECURITY GUARDS AT THE VILLAGE. THERE IS REALLY NOT ALOT TO SEE IN TOWN OTHER THAN TO GO SHOPPING. IT IS USUALLY SAFE IN THE TOWN, BUT WOULD NEED TO TAKE CAB TO GET THERE, UNLESS YOU RENT A CAR
5. Is there an excursion one can take to visit sugar canes, banana plantations, etc. that is safe? ALL THE EXCURSIONS ARE SAFE. AND AS I SAID ABOVE, THEY HAVE AN EXCURSION TEAM ACROSS FROM RECEPTION. ONE PROBLEM IS SOMETIMES DEPENDING ON THE MAKE UP OF THE GUESTS, IT MIGHT BE PREDOMINANTLY FRENCH DURING SOME OF THE TRIPS AND SO THAT MIGHT BE A FACTOR
6. Does Club Med Punta Cana offer internet service? If so, is there a fee?THEY HAVE INTERNET SERVICE. EITHER COMPUTER ROOM OR WIFI SERVICE. THEY HAVE DAILY AND WEEKLY RATES. BUT SOMETIMES THE SERVICE IS NOT FUNCTIONING AND SO MIGHT HAVE LOST MONEY IF BUY A WEEKLY RATE. IT DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU EXPECT TO USE IT
7. How do you make sure your digital camera doesn't get stolen when you depart the country? I ALWAYS CARRY MY CAMERA WITH ME WHEN I TRAVEL AND DONT PACK IT. FOR ME, AFTER WIFE AND PASSPORT, IT IS MY MOST IMPORTANT THING WHEN I TRAVEL.
8. Is there a secure place to store your passports? THERE ARE SAFES IN THE ROOMS
9. Silly question maybe, but does one tip the staff (just any or all), and when to do it? NORMALLY, IT IS NOT REQUIRED, BUT BECOMES YOUR CHOICE. THE HOUSEKEEPING STAFF IS USUALLY WHO YOU WOULD TIP. WE USUALLY TIP AT THE END OF THE VACATION BECAUSE YOU NORMALLY HAVE THE SAME PERSON EVERY DAY. HOWEVER, IF YOU DO IT EVERY DAY, YOU MIGHT BE GETTING EXTRA WATER BOTTLES IN THE ROOM.
10. We want to have a family portrait done at the resort. Does Club Med Punta Cana have a professional photographer that can do this? THERE IS A PHOTOGRAPHY TEAM THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF FAMILY PORTRAITS AND THEY WALK AROUND EVERY DAY TAKING PICTURES, USUALLY OF THE CHILDREN DOING THEIR ACTIVITIES
11. Is the teen club functional in January? IT SHOULD ALWAYS BE FUNCTIONAL. DEPENDING ON THE AGES OF THE CHILDREN THERE ARE DIFFERENT AGE GROUPS. AGAIN, THE BLEND OF THE CHILDREN'S GROUPS DEPENDS ON WHERE PEOPLE COME FROM. SO THERE MIGHT BE LANGUAGE PROBLEMS WITH THE KIDS TALKING TO EACH OTHER AND WITH THE GO IN CHARGE, IF THEY SPEAK ONLY ONE LANGUAGE.
12. We have 2 connecting deluxe rooms, one couples room and one club family room booked. Would you be able to recommend which building would be best to stay in? YOU NEED TO CONTACT PLANNING OFFICE ABOUT TWO WEEKS BEFORE YOU GO. THE IMPORTANT THING IS WHAT ROOM CATEGORIES ARE THE ROOMS YOU HAVE. ALSO, WHAT ACTIVITIES OR LOCATION IN THE VILLAGE DO YOU WANT TO BE NEAR.
Feel free to ask more questions here before you leave. That is the purpose of this site. Also, if you have Facebook, I have a number of albums on it from recent Punta Cana visits, if you want to see what the village looks like. You can email me or contact me here if want to be Facebook friends.
How many gold bar beads?
Please login or register to reply