Home of a whole lot of Club Med information since 2003
Club Med Scuba

News

Type of diving certifications?

Stevo
30 Posts
Jan
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
What type of diving certifications does Club Med offer? I'm a Divemaster and would like to further my education.

Stevo
Please login or register to reply
Padre
585 Posts
Jan
you're already light years ahead of what they could offer you at a CM resort. they do mostly discover scuba, OW, and AOW. maybe a few specialties here and there. if you wish to learn the ways of the instructor then go back to whoever taught you to be a DM and start there.

Padre...www.clubmedxgo.com
Scuba GO's, we go deeper, stay down longer and
keep you wet for hours...Dive deep, live shallow
manon148
10 Posts
Mar
HI! I am looking at booking one week somewhere in the Caribbean where my son of 16 would like to have a Padi certification. Now, I really don't know anything about this... he's dove twice before... what can he look for and what kind of certification can he get? As well, how long is the course for? And where would be the best place for him to do so.. and for me, to suntan.. ???? Would love turks... but... I guess he's too young still.. is Guadeloupe a good choice? What about Cancun?
thanks for a fast reply!!!
by the way, Padre... love your moto!!!!! too funny!!!!
Manon
Padre
585 Posts
Mar

well you're half right. my motto is too funny and alas too true. i was thinking of becoming a sailing instructor but the only catch phrase i could think of for that was "if the winds blowing, i'm putting the mast up".

now back to your question. i could write pages on this but i won't. instead i'll give you enough info so you can google in the blanks.

i'm guessing he's done a discover diving course since he's only done two dives and now he wants an "open water diver" certification. this is the basic beginning diver cert. there are three parts to this class; classroom training, confined water or pool work and then four training dives with an instructor in an actual diving environment. (ocean, river, lake, etc.) you could do all of this on vacation but i recommend getting the work out of the way before you start your holiday. do the classroom and confined water work at a dive shop near your home. vacation is for fun and frolic. would you want your son studying for final exams while he was on spring break? with that out of the way he can get a referral form and do the final four dives on vacation. the final four dives should only take two days. the classroom and confined water work will take as long as it takes. in other words it depends on how the dive shop schedules it. as to where to go, that's up to you. damn near every island in the caribbean with a tourist trade has at least one dive shop. your local shop can probably recommend one that's suitable. for additional info on certifications and the necessary training visit www.PADI.com . hope this helps you out.

Padre...www.clubmedxgo.com
Scuba GO's, we go deeper, stay down longer and
keep you wet for hours...Dive deep, live shallow
Vinny
84 Posts
Mar
the eLearning on PADI.com is also an option, it allows you to do the classroom and exams online at your convience and do a morning in the pool and then the dives to complete the certification, that way your not at the mercy of a dive shop schedule as they try to fill up a class. just my 2 cents

Vinny
asst chef du Scuba
Columbus Isle

Hold My Beer and Watch This!

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2022 - 10/7/2022 at 1:05:24 AM