Club Med Turquoise

Poker After Dark

boraborabob
192 Posts
Apr
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
I missed Club Med for the first time since 1976 last year. Bad back and finally operated on. So I will be at Turks for first two weeks of December this year and plan on having the nightly "Poker After Dark" game after the show nightly. All poker players welcome.
Please login or register to reply
AmateurGO
560 Posts
Apr
Welcome back Bob!!
I certainly remember your nightly poker games, even if you had to get the "poker table" out of storage. If I remember correctly, you pitched a pretty mean softball game also!
I doubt that I'll be in Turkoise in Dec. (will be there in May) but I hope the games go well for you. Fair warning to other poker players who might join in, Bob has been doing this a long time...
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Apr
I'm glad you are feeling better. There is nothing worse than back pain, because you can't escape it. I too had severe back problems but was fortunate to avoid surgery by doing yoga 5 days a week. That was 15 years ago, and I'm still doing it.
AmateurGO
560 Posts
Apr
Yes, I know about the back stuff also... I had a somewhat new form of back surgery about 6 years ago. It was relatively simple but effective (for me). I got out of surgery about 10 AM and that afternoon I took a 4 mile walk. Turns out that I did overdo it a little, but with proper exercises (although not yoga), I've been OK.

Jim, assuming that you are still going to Turkoise in early May, If you have time and ability to post the dress codes when you get there, we'd appreciate it. We head down on that Monday, 5/9. See you there!
AmateurGO
560 Posts
Apr
Woops.. just realized that I said "Jim" above when I meant "John"... So... John, if you can, report back the dress codes for Turkoise so the next wave of incoming GMs can be prepared.
Thanks!
SHiller616
120 Posts
Apr
Hi! Just back, let me see if I remember all dress codes:

Elegant
All black
All white
Black and white I think / or there was one night with bright neon colors
Pirate (bring a bandanna at minimum) or red and black
45 shirt and jeans
Turquoise and white (or blue and white)

Still the most beautiful beach in the world.
Susan
I'
Chicago Jim
889 Posts
Apr
Amateur GO, I will see you in Turks. I am there May 6-14. I think they change the dress codes a little from week to week. They sometimes have a pink and white, perhaps because they have an oversupply of CM pink shirts. On the Turks Facebook page they list the codes pretty much like above except no all-black and it lists a black and bright in addition to black and white. A friend of mine is going to get an updated list from the boutique before we go. I will also post them once I get down.

As to poker, in December, Simon, the tennis pro, ran the poker game after the show and it was very popular. He did a good job dealing and raising blinds etc. I am bring some new decks as the ones they had were pretty beat-up and the humidity really swells them. Also, I think during a rainy day, they actually had two poker tables going.

Bob, hope your back is better. I just re-injured mine and back pain is wicked. I will also be going to Turks Dec. 2-10. Hopefully I will see you.

Jim
AmateurGO
560 Posts
Apr
Let's see, is that Chicago John and Seattle Jim?? or ???
In any case, I will look for the "last minute dress code update" before we head south, THANKS!
Look forward to seeing you on May 9 (or shortly thereafter). Look for the tall blond guy (me) and the short silver haired lady (wife Susan). During the day one of us will usually have a "Amateur GO" t-shirt on. In the meantime, take care of that back!

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/26/2024 at 10:57:05 PM