Club Med Paradise Island

G.O's - News -

Paradise Island photos

John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Oct
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Wow, I had forgotten how great this club was. I have just posted my photos from my visit in 2000. You can find them at:

http://jdlphotos.smugmug.com/

There are three galleries: The club; the excusion to the Exumas; and my visit on board the HMS Norfolk. It's pretty simple to use the site. Just click on a gallery that you want to see. Several photos will be appear and a photo will be shown on the right. Click on that one to feature it. You can enlarge it by clicking one of the items at the top. Hit the small x to return to the gallery and hit HOME just below jdlphotos to return to the main page.

I hope that these photos bring back some good memories for those of you who visited this club. Please feel free to share them.

Next on the list is Phuket, 1999.

Enjoy!

John

Please login or register to reply
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Oct
Thanks John. Although, I've never made it to Paradise Island.
I once booked it, then cancelled to go to Marrakech. Maybe, a mistake... since Marrakech still exists, but PI not.

Anyway, looking forward to your Phuket photos. Village very high on my list and most likely one of the 2008 destinations.
Chicago Jim
889 Posts
Oct
Great photos. That was my first CM sometime in the middle of the 1980s. I remember that there was an urban legend that people were coming back with rashes from the "lime disease" caused by the game where one person would hold a lime between the chin and chest and a person of the opposite sex must grab it using her chin and chest and then also pass it on.

Boy, I miss that craziness.

Jim
Keith Macnab
54 Posts
Dec
I got to PI Jan 19/2001..still remember the day.
I became the Disco manager(for lack of a better term)after 1 week.
I had been a bartender for 13yrs on and off already. I actually cried when I heard the news that PI was no more. I've traveled to 13 different countries(not with CM), lived in 3 of them, worked across the US and Canada slinging drinks. Got lucky and made a small fortune, got crazy and spent a large one but the best time of my life was from Jan 19/2001- May 17/2001.
I always told myself that if by some bizarre set of circumstances I find myself debt free,no wife and not working I would like to go back......
So I was talking to the North American devision last week. I figure 1 season and about 20yrs experience under my belt hopefully will give me a good shot at a return. This time though, I'm gunning for CDbar. If I could do what I love for another 20yrs I would be the luckiest/happiest man on earth.
GODJ
1353 Posts
Dec
Great pictures John,

Thanks for letting me add them to the Picture Gallery.

Mike
Elowyn
3 Posts
Jan
quote:
Originally posted by Chicago Jim

Great photos. That was my first CM sometime in the middle of the 1980s. I remember that there was an urban legend that people were coming back with rashes from the "lime disease" caused by the game where one person would hold a lime between the chin and chest and a person of the opposite sex must grab it using her chin and chest and then also pass it on.

Boy, I miss that craziness.

Jim

Wow, I was there in the mid-80's too. GREAT time. I was there twice in one summer. Fun times!!! :)

My treasures do not chink or glitter, They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night.
Elowyn
3 Posts
Jan
I'm wondering why my post was edited.

My treasures do not chink or glitter, They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night.
Keith Macnab
54 Posts
Jan
Passport will be ready on Feb.4
I will be ready to go Feb.4 at 5pm
My file is now in the recommended hire pile

I don't do what the voices in my head say...... Unless it's a really cool idea.

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/26/2024 at 1:55:07 PM