Home of a whole lot of Club Med information since 2003
Club Med Questions

News

well ive been wait listed

zacemail
96 Posts
Jul
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
so I got my email today about being wait listed, I did my audition lasr wednesday

I was recommended by GAR to keep in contact with the HR people. on the last part of my wait list email it has a name of "simon eyer" I have no way of contacting him

who should i keep in conctact with in HR to thank to see if I have a real chance to goand be placed because there was no email address at the bottom of where anyone could be contacted, would I contatct Mary Thomas my interviewer? or someone else

Since its July I imagine to not too many GOs are quitting is this normal? and does the wait list start to have mobility sometime in August/September for the fall season, how does one get the jump on this if at all possible

-ive seen people on here get placed like "seattlekate", does anyone know how often they take people from the wait list and how many they take and how many people are usually on there..... boy i have alot of questions. I guess its beceause I really really want to go anyway if anyone ideas please share away

Zac
Please login or register to reply
zacemail
96 Posts
Jul
In any case ill try to follow up in a couple weeks time to see what happens i guess thats all i can really do
missy_aloah
210 Posts
Jul
Hey zacemail!!
What job did you apply for?we might have a few opening
in Columbus.....

missy
Krizzle
5 Posts
Jul
Hey everyone, this is Larry--this is my first post to this forum, though I've been looking at it for a while now, trying to gather as much info as possible about being a G.O. I just graduated from UPenn and I've been recording a CD with my a cappella group "Off The Beat" for the past three months or so, but I'm now fully available to work. After my interview with Tiziana Mattoscio in Newark, I too was "recommended for a G.O. contract position" for Land Sports and Tour Guiding. I called Alycia Herrera, the woman in charge of my file in Miami, and she said there's really nothing I can do but wait. I was curious if anyone knew of any ways to better one's standing during this time. Clearly, I'll be calling her sporadically just to let her know how interested and excited I am to work for Club Med, but is there anything else I should do to help my chances?

On a side note, I really feel like my eyes have been opened up to this world of people who stay in touch through their shared passion for Club Med. It's pretty sweet.
zacemail
96 Posts
Jul
hi missy!

are you also form vancouver, canada ?I thought i read that on one of the other posts and that you were on the wait list for a year wow thats amazing !

anyway I applied for landsports, front desk or child care( not necessarily in that order)

I have 2 Bachelors degrees form UBC ( Psycholgy and Human Kinetics). which i did back to back) , plus teaching sports for kids and organizing tournaments for UBC legacy games, and Im a personal trainer to boot.. I ve also done sports for people with disabilities and special populations like seniors with heart conditions.My front desk experience is primarily for stores ( a skin care place to be exact)

I also have gone to 13 club meds all over the world .And I have taken French for 12 years in school ( altough im not fluent or bilingualI have a good general understaning of the language). I was in my 13th club med in france 2 weeks ago.( opio)... so you might say i know how the general idea is.

anyways I also can leave anytimne after today and all i need is like 5 days notice

if anyone currently is in club med and knows of any openings ( you to missy..try to let me know if anything is possible :) ) Just let me know and ill do whatever it takes to speed up this process

thanks everyone ,

Zac,
GAR
468 Posts
Aug
HI Zac,

Sorry about the news and congrats at the same time! You have been wait listed for what position?

Send the Thank you to the person who interviewed you (MT) and if you call ask for the person responsible for placing the GOs in the service you are wait listed for ... or ask MT via email who that person is.

Keep us posted please.

G.A.

G.A. xox
zacemail
96 Posts
Aug
Hi Gar,
Yep I did the interview on wednesdayjuly 20th , and got on the list as of monday morning.so I dont think it went through too much processing as for right now. and the tour isnt over. so maybe ill have a chance this fall for when the season opens up. I have a feeling that they want to put me in the position for child care, altough I dont know for sure.This is all fine for me......... upon further research I think childcare would have been my 2nd choice of the 3 positions that I applied for.

as bad as I want to do this, I probly coulnt wait as long as some other people do. I only think I could hold on to mid november or so before i start to make other plans. Im patient but I cant wait forever for a call that may never come.............. i guess thats all I can do.

Ive been sending mary updates on my availability, but the other recruiter( simon) that put me on the list doesnt seem to respond so who knows? maybe hes flooded with too many emails.

anyways ill keep you all posted, and hopefully i get selected in a couple months when fall season comes by, thanks for everyones support, ill let you know whats up

Zac
GAR
468 Posts
Aug
Hey there,

Do what you can and hang in there.
Is Simon the one who places you in the village or just the recruiter? Find out and if it is a different person - send an email introducing yourself explaining that Simon recruited you and MT interviewed you etc - give your availability and hope for the best.

August / September is always better!

G.A. xox
zacemail
96 Posts
Aug
Hi GAR

well mary did the interviewing, and the wait list notice was sent by simon eyer .I wasnt picked immediately then i went out of town for a few days i changed my availability for august 12, I can get organized in 4-5 days notice. when i saent an email saying that. isent one tomary thomas and one to simon eyer.

mary then responded telling me that she would forward the changed availability to the staffing deparment.

In the subject line I said "hello mary"... it came back saying "Hello Mary- childcare" I have an idea that mary added "-childcare" and sent it to the staffing deparmnet and me and the same time with a blind copy to the staffing deparment... does this make sense ? anyway I think they will put me in childcare if placed .... if they do or dont . well that I dont know.

like I said im 25 and have plans to do masters degree in physiotherapy considering i have 2 bachelors if they dont call by a certain point ill have to apply for schools- if they call ill postpone school for a while if not then well........... i have to have a backup . I just quit my job so really i can leave at almost any point . but who knows

I know all I can do is call them / cross fingers- with so many other ppl on here on the list and dont get picked its easy to feel discourged...... *sigh*

hopefully august or september they will call
zacemail
96 Posts
Aug
if MT interviewed me and simon is my rescruiter/placer/ person who sent the email

who would I say what to in terms of emails?

by the way i did send a thank you note to MT .
GAR
468 Posts
Aug
Hi again,

First I would call the Miami office (305-925-9000) and find out who is in charge of actually placing the GOs in the villages for childcare - I think it is still Carmella but I could be wrong.

Assuming Simon is the one who places you in the villages then I would recommend writting something along the lines of:

- Thank you for your email re my status. I just wanted to take a moment to clarify my availability and reaffirm my keen interest in the position. Give exact availability (do not mention time line - if they call and you are no longer available - that is their problem not yours). Thanks them for their time and finish with I look forward to hearing from you regarding this opportunity in the not too distant future. (blah-blah-blah).

Keep the email very short and easy to read. Include the numbers they best reach you at at the end and stay in touch with them every two or three weeks - and continue to move forward with your life ... if they call and it works out for you to then great ... if it doesn't then so be it!

I hope it happens as you hope.

G.A. xox
zacemail
96 Posts
Aug
thanks Gar, you make the most sense,
I cant wait around forever of course but if they call soon like within the next few months then there is a good chance ill be available to go

otherwise... oh well

ill send the emails as asoon as i can and call them as well

thanks so much for the pointers!
GAR
468 Posts
Aug
happy to help when I can

G.A. xox

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/25/2024 at 5:53:39 AM