Club Med La Plantation d'Albion

Feedbacks spring 2011?

Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jun
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Any recent feedbacks since the change of CDV and most of the team since mid-May 2011?

I'd be most interested in getting some info.. since I'm hesitating between going back this fall to Albion or Phuket or why not Bali?
Thanks
Please login or register to reply
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Jun
Kiki, have you ever been to Bali?

John
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jun
Yup, but it's quite a while ago.... Incidentally, twice already.
Once at Club Med in Nusa Dua after exploring the island, once in a different hotel in Sanur after a trip through Java.

I'd love to fly via Singapore with the A380!
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Jun
Kiki writes:

I'd love to fly via Singapore with the A380!

Let us know if you do. I don't know how that thing gets off the ground, although it did have a little trouble yesterday at the Paris Airshow! Is it true that they put a bowling alley in the plane? ;)

BTW, the one thing that impressed me about Bali, except the hot weather, was the quality arts and crafts produced on the island. I have several pieces on display in my apartment-wood, silver filigree, batik, ceramics. Beautiful club, just like Phuket and Cherating.

John
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jun
Well, last year, when leaving for Mauritius, I saw the take-off of the daily A380 flight in Zurich. It was just amazing, very smooth and elegant. Not even too noisy. When you see the plane docked next other planes, you can really see the difference in size. It's just wow.

No idea about the bowling alley though.

And about Bali, yes it's very zen, the music, the surroundings, the decoration, etc. It would be a shame, just to go and stay in the CM village.
Trish
476 Posts
Jun
A few years ago, a friend of mine, an electrical engineer whose company sold a lot of the computer chips for the A370, got invited to Toulouse for a special visit. They got to tour the plane and then fly around in it for about 30 minutes. Manny's conclusion? "Nicest flying coffin I've ever been in..."

I'll take a good old 757 any day! BTW: Flew in to the States on a new one yesterday and it was quite roomy, with a great audio/video system and very pleasant. No need for the bowling alley...

Trish

Dive now; work later!

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/26/2024 at 6:03:07 PM