Club Med La Caravelle

Information - Details - G.O's - News - Gallery - Car - Flights - Map - Quote Request

Snorkeling?

SHiller616
118 Posts
Mar
Getting our planning done for the trip - can anyone tell me if there is snorkeling from the beach? Snorkeling is not listed as a sport, so I'm sure there is no regular boat. Are there excursions that you could recommend that include some snorkeling?

Also - daily dress codes - anything unusual?

Thanks.
Susan
Please login or register to reply
GMforever
154 Posts
Mar
Hi Susan
There is no snorkeling on the site.
They have some excursions with snorkeling . Most of them are 1 day long.
Some are half day. We wanted to do one but they required the kids to be 10 yo and older to go snorkeling. So we passed on the trip ( We did the snorkeling trip in Ixtapa without problem with them )

For the dress code, it was the usual: bring pink, elegant, black, white, 45. I think they had beige also

I hope your trip will be better than mine.
The GO are trapeze and archery and mini club were great however

SHiller616
118 Posts
Mar
Thank you Sophie. I think what we will do is bring our own masks and snorkels and leave the bulky fins behind - if we're on an excursion that includes snorkeling, I'm sure we can get some on the boat.

Right now we are so tired of the cold, snow and lousy weather that I think we would be happy in a tent on the beach. I am hoping your input has improved things since your trip. My daughter-in-law is going to try trapeze this time...
Thanks again, Susan
GMforever
154 Posts
Mar
Hi Susan

The snorkeling gear was included on the trips
We are fed up of the weather too; it rained for 2 days then ice the snow.
I would go also

Have a nice trip
John-Chicago
1321 Posts
Mar
Susan,

Join the multitudes who are tired of winter. It started late in Chicago, but has been unrelenting. I'm so tired of it that I am leaving Wednesday for India!

John
red_au_soleil
23 Posts
Mar
Snorkeling off the beach is pretty much a waste of time. We've been going to La Caravelle periodically since 1995. Back then, you could swim out to the reef and see some coral and fish. We were there for two weeks in January, and I could not find any part of the reef that looked alive, nor were there many fish. The water is murkier now as well. I saw some fish under the pier, and I swam/snorkeled on the west side out to the hotel on the hill. Saw some fish, nothing very impressive. Give it a try, however - you might find a spot that I didn't.
GMforever
154 Posts
Mar
Hi John

HAve a nice trip.
We just had 6 inches of snow here and expecting another 6 inches tomorrow.
We are the lucky ones. 120 km south of Montreal they had 30 inches ( 75 cm )

March is a bad month !

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2014 - 8/21/2014 at 10:13:06 AM