Club Med Les Arcs Extrême & Altitude

Transfer from Cervina to Arc Extreme

cipo
11 Posts
Jan
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
HI guys
I will enjoy 2 weeks in march 2011. I will be the first week at the ClubMed in Cervinia (AO) and the next one at Arc Extreme.
Is there a fast way by bus to cross the Alps from Cervinia to Arc ? I hope to avoid to go via Turin which will be a VERY LONG way.
thx
CIAO
CIPO

CIAO
CIPO
Please login or register to reply
chrisbo
538 Posts
Jan
My guess is that the easiest way for you is to rent a car and drive through the Mont Blanc tunnel to Chamonix and then down to Sallanches. There, you change the direction to Megeve - Albertville - Moutiers - Bourg St. Maurice and then up the hill to Arcs.

The motor way up to Courmayeur costs about 8 Euros and the Mont Blanc tunnel costs one way Euro 43.10. There is the Petit St. Bernard mountain road, but I would not recommend it in winter.. It is of course shorter and cheaper than through the tunnel.

cipo
11 Posts
Jan
Thansk for the help. And there is no public transportation of any kind that would cross the Alps ? Renting a car sounds ok but I would need to drop it off in France cos keeping it for one week in the ClubMed garage would be a waste :)
thx
ciao

CIAO
CIPO
cipo
11 Posts
Jan
Found an other way !
From AOSTA I can take a SAT BUS leaving at 12:20 and arriving in Courmayeur at 13:20
From there leaving at 14:00 and arriving in Chamonix at 14:45 then leaving at 16:45 and arriving at Geneve Airport at 18:35 From there with the Alpskibus leaving at 19:15 and arriving at Bourg Saint Maurice at 21:55 but that will be too late to get the funicular. Other way is to leave from Courmayeur at 09:45 and arrive to Chamonix at 10:30 then from there to Geneve airport at 13:30 From the airport leaving at 15:30 and arriving at Bourg Saint Maurice at 18:10 So I will be able to take the funicular at 18:30 or 19:00 (last one is at 19:30). All this for about 115EUR.
If I miss one bus I will be lost .... :)

CIAO
CIPO
chrisbo
538 Posts
Jan
this seems to be a possibility, but.... what a waste of time. I know that Europcar has a branch in Bourg St. Maurice. If you rent a car in Cervinia, you can drop it off in Bourg St. Maurice. This is what I would do in your place, but of course the bus rides would be cheaper... but don't mind spending a day in coaches !

cipo
11 Posts
Jan
Unfortunately the Europecar doesn't work. They don't have office in Cervinia but the closest point is Aosta. Even from there I cannot drop it in Bourg Saint Maurice, I get this error: "This return station cannot be selected in conjunction with chosen pick-up station: please amend" !!!
Really hard job this connection trip !!!! I start to think I did a mistake to book 2 weeks in row on different Clubs :(

thx

CIAO
CIPO
cipo
11 Posts
Jan
I even got an email from EUROPECAR:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

we are sorry but this one way rental is not possible.
thnak you for your understanding.

Best regards

Aurlie CHARLAT
Europcar International Reservation
Quality to Customer
http://www.europcar.com

CIAO
CIPO
chrisbo
538 Posts
Jan
What airport are you flying in ? Milano ? You could maybe rent a car there and if you fly out of Geneva, you can for sure give it back there. It is sometimes cheaper to keep a car for 1 or 2 weeks than just a day or two. If Europcar don't do it, go in Italy to Maggiore and in Geneva to their correspondents National/Alamo. If you fly back home from France, you would have to give it back at National-Citer.
cipo
11 Posts
Feb
As said at the beginning I am going to be one week in Cervinia before going to Les Arcs. Flying in to Milan. Keeping a car for 2 weeks just to be able to cross the Alps to change club is kind of overshooting :) I appreciate your effort but it is very clear that finding a good connection is very hard without being forced to spend a fortune.
thx

CIAO
CIPO
cipo
11 Posts
Mar
I found one solution. Will be taking the ClubMed bus from Cervinia to Le Fayet and from there the SAT Montblanc bus to Geneve airport. From there I am waiting the confirmation to get the CLubMed bus directly to Arc Extreme :)
Now I only need plenty of sun, fun and snow :)

CIAO
CIPO

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/27/2024 at 2:55:11 AM