Club Med La Caravelle

Dengue Fever Epidemic?

jazzyone
First Post
Nov
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
I was set to book La Caravelle but the family has become a bit scared off by the Dengue Fever epidemic on the island this year (seems worse than most other Caribbean islands)

What exactly is the status on Guadeloupe? I was about to find info up to around the end of summer but no more recent info.
Please login or register to reply
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Nov
This looks like the most recent data http://woodshedenvironment.wordpress.com/2010/11/06/dengue-giving-guadeloupe-and-martinique-a-solid-whooping/, reported on November 10. It looks pretty serious, not only in Guadeloupe, but Martinque as well. I wish that I could give you some medical advice, but all I can say is keep a very watchful eye on this, and if you go, I would stick close to the club and Sainte Anne.

It looks like it was especially bad in August. I would call the Club and ask for more recent information.

John
Trish
476 Posts
Nov
Wow John and Jazzy - you are scaring me because my beloved legal assistant is in Guadeloupe right now on her honeymoon! Although she's not at the CM, when she comes back at the end of November, I'll get her thoughts on this and give you an update.

Trish

Dive now; work later!

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/20/2024 at 9:58:09 AM