Home of a whole lot of Club Med information since 2003

Club Med Sestrière

G.O's - News -

Village sold to Italian TO

Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Sep
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Club Med announced these days that they had sold the village to an Italian tour operator.
Apparently, the village isn't anymore compatible with CM's strategy.
CM now does put its focuss on the renovation of Cefalù in Sicily becoming a luxury 5 Trident.

Here's more in French:http://www.boursier.com/vals/FR/club-med-cession-du-village-de-sestriere-en-italie-news-399828.htm
Please login or register to reply
Trish
476 Posts
Sep
Kiki,

It says that Cefalù will become a 5 star after "total renovation". They're not kidding! I was there in 1992 and it's the only one I've stayed at with straw huts and communal showers & toilets. That's certainly going to be a change! I have to say though that the physical beauty of this village is hard to beat, with 7 separate bays at the bottom of spectacular cliffs.

But it's still sad when they take out another of the straw hut villages. How many are even left?

Trish

Dive now; work later!
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Sep
Trish,

I believe there are no more villages with huts left these days.
Even Djerba La Fidèle changed to bungalows.

D-10! YES
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Sep
I had never even heard of this club so I went to Trip Advisor. Apparently, the people who went there, liked it. 12 of the 18 reviews were very good to excellent.

John
chrisbo
538 Posts
Sep
Yes, Sestrière was a great place for skiing. I thought that the rooms were nice enough for a few more years. They were not big, but having a bunch of cupboards and drawers and enough space to dry ski-equipment. The bathrooms were small but cute and had a mountain-view window !
The only thing inconvenient was that you had to walk to the other tower for dinner and night life, and those who had a room in that tower, had to walk to the other tower to pick up the skis and go to the pool. But... who gets hurt by a 3 minute walk ????

I regret that all the "good-ambiance" villages disappear and the "cold ambiance 5T" grow everywhere. I wish that HGE will one day understand that his strategy is the wrong one.... The villages were half-empty in July and August !!!! The prices will certainly be risen again to fill the gap.

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/26/2024 at 12:21:04 AM