Club Med Kemer

Should I go...?

talula
3 Posts
Feb
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
First posting, so be gentle with me.
I went to my first Club Med 2 years ago in Otranto and it was brilliant. I adored the cosmopolitan crowd, sporty, party vibe, and lovely chilled out med location. Would love to do Kemer, but I have this image of it as a very youthful, Ibiza-style club. I do love to party, but am in my late 30's and don't want to feel like the older femme:))
Also, I speak a few languages, but my French is only baby, although I didn't seem to have any problems last time. Is there a good cultural mix here??
I am looking to go end of June.
Help me to decide between Kemer and Otranto sil vous plait!

Thanks
Please login or register to reply
Kris_
3 Posts
Feb
Hi Talula,

Im going to decide to go to Kemer 12-19 June as a single.
I think it will be superb. Im 38 so also not that younhg anymore :(. But I dont worry and make fun and do activities en will meet people.
Otranto is full and Djerba La Fidèle is not that luxury.
So when do you plan to go??

Greetz

Kris
talula
3 Posts
Feb
Hi Kris

I was planning on going June 22-30th probably, that's the soonest I'm free. Have you been to Kemer before?? Or any other Club Med? Why is Otranto so full? I checked lots of weeks and nothing available?

Would be great to meet if our paths cross:)

Talula
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Mar
quote:
Originally posted by talula

Why is Otranto so full? I checked lots of weeks and nothing available? Talula

Sometimes, villages are 100% rented out for incentives and aren't open for 'normal' GMs.

In Kemer, if you don't want to party, you're not obliged to.
Also, during the day, you can stay in the quiet part of the village, i.e. at the pinède.
Since the village is pretty expensive, you'll have lots of GMs around 30-45, lots of them are into wake board and water ski, of course. You won't really stick out being in your late 30. In general, the place is pretty multi-national (French, Belgians, Swiss, Italians, Russians, etc.)
sunshine007
273 Posts
Mar
HI Talula

I would not worry about the age bracket, its all over the place. YOu will not feel old at all. I am going to be 42 and i am heading to Kemer in June. I would not worry about the french factor as well. My first year in Kemer which was five years ago, my french was non-existant just about. Probably even less than you. THe people i met were lovely, most spoke english and the ones that spoke only french, spoke very basic french to me. And over the last four years (this being my fifth 2010) my french has improved greatly. I say go with the open mind of having fun and relaxation. And like Kiki said there are parts of the village which are more low key ie the Pineade area.

You will have a blast.
talula
3 Posts
Mar
Hi tout le monde

Thanks very much for your comments. I feel totally reassured now about my concerns and must admit it sounds ideal for me-so I'm going to book!!
I have to say my Otranto experience is where my French really took off. Bit more amusing than night classes at the Alliance Francaise here in London:)
Sunshine, sounds like you're a big fan, so I'm going to join and I'm sure it will be fantastic.
I'll be heading there around June 22/23, perhaps we'll see you there?

Thanks again!
sunshine007
273 Posts
Mar
Hi Talula,

Thats great you are booking. It will be a blast, but unfortunately we shall miss each other. I will be heading home on June 19th. If you have any questions please fill free to ask.
Joshkun
13 Posts
Mar
Hi Talula,

I'm travelling to Kemer on the 18th and staying till the 27th. It's going to be 4th time and what i can tell you from my experience as someone who can't speak French is that, you will perhaps sometimes miss out some things, like the after dinner shows and all that stuff but I went to see the shows couple of times regardless, and you'll know what's going on, but in general, it is not an issue at all.

So, in short, answer to your question is a resounding, YES :-)

Where in the UK are you travelling from?

bluchiavari
50 Posts
Mar
Hi Talula,

every week is different, but Kemer is usually not so youthful as Djerba La Fidele and very cosmopolitan. I've been in 2007 and I loved it.
Moreover: "No Kemer no party!"
agatille
6 Posts
Mar
hello :)
I am 34 years old (young ;) ) woman and I've decided to go to Kemer this year in June. It will be my first time in Club Med. I will go there alone. I was heard that Kemer is better than Otranto. The problem can be animation show because I can not speak French like you. But dont worry,everything will be ok and you should go to Kemer.
Lots of nice people will be waiting for you,
greetings
denizonline
First Post
Mar
I'm searching some information about Club Med Kemer.
I and my friend want go to the th#305;s hotel
i have never been in Club Med Kemer. I don't know this hotel
but in generaly Kemer is wonderful. I love Kemer. i have been 2 times in Kemer. There are a lot of big night club. and funny ;)
I'm 24 years old. And is Club Med a good idea for me ????
Who can tell me some information about this hotel.

Apr
Hi,

do not car about age as well as communication problems
the most of people speak English well

Being in Kemer giving you a good atmosphere and feeling that you are much younger than you are

just enjoy it

Best regards,
Alexey
dino_ch
First Post
Jun
Also thinking of going in July/August, Most probably last week of July or 1st week of August.
I am quite sure that French is not a problem.
I more concern about people's approach, friendly??

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/27/2024 at 12:11:49 AM