Club Med Gregolimano

Bungalow or hotel?

Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Nov
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Need your help, folks.

I am considering Grégo for next fall, mainly because Sofia (currently at La Pointe) will be there with some of her GO team and because feedbacks are usually very positive. The beach looks breathtaking and I'd love to go back to Greece.
Also, prices are sort of 'reasonable', at least for September. And then, there is still the Super Booking Bonus good till January 10.

I realize not only that the village's surface is pretty large, but that there are bungalows spread all over and then the hotel.

I will consult some of my GM friends who have been there regarding what room type to choose, but one is at La Pointe the other one in Kani. Not patient enough to wait for their return.

Thanks for your advice.

BTW: After a most glorious November, it has been snowing all day today... yuck
Please login or register to reply
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Dec
Well, I asked a bit around and everybody is recommending the 'Olympe' section.

'Olympe' is a group of small 1 and 2-storey buildings, with no lift, surrounded by gardens, 21m2 surface, on the style of a Greek village, close to the nightclub and next to the Parthenon building. The various buildings are linked by corridors and footbridges. Sounds perfect to me.

However, one should ask to be close to the Parthenon building to avoid the possible noise from the nightclub.

Not yet booked, but not too far away either.

juicyll
11 Posts
Dec
I have been twice since the renovations. The first time I stayed in Olympe and the second, in a beach bungalow.

The beach bungalows are more spacious, and are much closer to the watersports if you like that kind of thing. However they are also much more expensive.

The Olympe sections are perfectly nice too, and I was not disturbed late at night by noise from the nightclub.

Hope this helps.
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jan
Thanks so much for your reply.

I've decided against Grégo, since mid-September is apparently slightly too late in the year. Maybe, some time next year.

D-108
juicyll
11 Posts
Jan
Oh no! Where are you going instead? I love Grego but mid-september is maybe a bit late as lots of the GOs will be leaving already then. I went end of August which was great. When will the CDVs and GOs become known for summer 2010?

Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jan
I may be staying for three (instead of only two) weeks at La Pointe in spring.
And since I can't leave for Grégo before mid-September, I rather leave it completely. I don't want bad or mediocre weather while on holiday. In fact, I was interested in Grégo, since I like Sofia a lot.

CDV will be Sofia Anca who is at La Pointe now. I think there will also be Jérémie, event manager last summer at La Pointe with her. He's currently in Wengen. Also, it's very possible that Sofia will take some of her Brazilian GOs now with her along to Grégo.

Out of the snow....

D-107

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/25/2024 at 2:34:00 AM