Club Med Bali

December/January weather

hsc
18 Posts
Nov
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Hi, i was just wondering whether the weather through out December/January will be ok for flying trapeze? does it normally rain at night, or through out the day?

And does anyone know who the new circus team will be for December 2009?

thanks Isabella
Please login or register to reply
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Nov
That is the rainy season in Bali, so you can expect some rain. I can't tell you if it rains all day or not. I was there in April, supposedly the end of rainy season, and got to experience Cyclone Chloe. The trouble was, that I experienced the beginning of it about 3 miles out in the Indian Ocean in a kayak.

Jojn
mlee
2 Posts
Nov
Hi,
I'm also planning a trip in January, which I've been told is the peak of the wet season. Can anyone shed some light on how bad the weather will be and if it's still possible to do the trapeze. Thanks.
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Nov
I just checked the Internet. Here's the scoop-

January-300mm of rain, mostly mid-afternoon; temperature-26-32C; humidity-85%

February-280mm of rain, mid-afternoon; temperature-26-32C; humidity-75%

When I was there in April:

April-100mm of rain; temperature-25-33C; humidity-65%

January and February are the wettest months, so be prepared. I assume the prices are much cheaper.

John
mlee
2 Posts
Nov
Thanks John. That's what I gathered from the Internet. Was in Bali over Christmas 2 years ago and it poured non stop for 5 days in a row. Never saw that much rain in my life! That's December and January's meant to be the wettest month!? Rates aren't any cheaper - still peak season rates because of the holiday season.
Has anyone been to club med Bali in January?
Michelle
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Nov
mlee,
You have to look at the silver lining. I understand that you have been having a drought for several years in Australia, so coming to rainy Bali would be like dying and going to heaven ;).

John
Sav
139 Posts
Nov
mlee - we were there this January and it rained (heavily) mostly at night. but the wet season is rather unpredictable, so you'd have to take your chances once you make that booking.

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/19/2024 at 5:24:50 PM