Club Med Da Balaia

Information - Details - G.O's - News - Gallery - Car - Flights - Map - Quote Request

Balaia, what a shame!

Liv
60 Posts
Jul
Hello! I just came back from Balaia, I've been there for 10 years, it means a lot about my love for it, doesn'it? Well, the club has been restructured but the level of food, for example, was getting lower.... no good staff any more about animation, shows and so on.... GOs absolutely NO SPEAKING ENGLISH (my daughter and I don't speak french), I think Club Med would do something about it!!! But, worst of all, one part of staff (especially the italian ones) often stalking my 17een daughter and I can't tolerate it!!! One of them invited her to follow in his bedroom... it's a shame!!! I'm very sorry for this club, I loved it so much, I considered it a wonderful club, but now... I'll never come back any more...
Please login or register to reply
Kiki de M
2827 Posts
Jul
Nothing surprises me with that CDV... I had a rather bad experience with him about ten years ago.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience this year.
Actually, when one travels always to the same village, one obviously compares with previous stays.
Sometimes, it's better to go to a new village.

With the other member's (christineS) post about a stay in April 2009, I'd avoid this village for the rest of the season.

I for myself, had to accept certain changes at La Pointe aux Canonniers which I do not like.
But with the exceptional CDV and the GO team this year, I was still very happy.

Other than having made a post here, I highly recommend you write a letter to your TA or directly to your Club Med agent with detailled and justified complaints. You then can hope for a discount for your next stay. However, allow them weeks if not months...
Liv
60 Posts
Jul
I should have to wait for it, because last year CDV was the same.... he doesn't care to control GOs, what they do, their work... at the bar, until 18een you can't drink alchool, but the bartenders in Balaia don't care, I think they would be careful, it's intolerable!!! The italian guy (he works in RSA) asked my daughter to follow him to his room because he had to take cigarettes, then he stalked her hard... she run away but I got crazy!
SandraGroot
174 Posts
Jul
I'm so sorry to hear this, it's really a shame that your love for the club is now ruined by this bad experience!! Couldn't the club do anything for you during the stay?

'09 Vittel
'08 Les Deux Alpes, Opio, Vittel
'07 Agadir + Marrakech

Liv
60 Posts
Jul
I didn't complain about it during the stay, indeed, because I didn't want to ruin my daughter's holidays (she is pratically in rehab because of a nervous breakdown), now I think it would be better to forget, even if I would kick him off from the club! Maybe it's better to change the club next summer, there are so many clubs more suitable for teenagers!
SandraGroot
174 Posts
Jul
That's true, around the Medditerranean you have different choices: Palmiye, Gregolimano...

'09 Vittel
'08 Les Deux Alpes, Opio, Vittel
'07 Agadir + Marrakech

christineS
33 Posts
Jul
Dear Liv,

I'm sorry to read that you also had such a bad experience in Da Balaïa. I not only complained during my stay but also sent a letter to CM and had to wait 3 months before it was answered.
I think this CDV is more than bad and as Kiki said, this village should be avoided until the CDV changes.. As for me, I'll avoid Club Med this summe. I have booked with a competitor. Le'ts see what it is worth... although I used to love Club Med (I might contact B. Tapie, there's a lot to be done !).

Regards

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2014 - 4/23/2014 at 10:28:47 AM