Club Med Bali

Single or Family

Jack46
33 Posts
Jun
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Is the CM single friendly or more geared to families? Have been to Turks, Cancun several times interested in exploring other resorts.Thanks.
Please login or register to reply
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Jun
I am a single American who has been to Bali. You can see my photos in the picture section of the Bali site here. I have also been to other Asian clubs like Phuket and Cherating. Americans are uncommon at Phuket and Cherating, but when I was at Bali (probably the most beautiful of the clubs) there were about 20 Americans. They have a kid's club there, but the kid's clubs in the Asian clubs are different. They are a lot more unobtrusive. They are there, but you don't notice them as much.

This is certainly not a Turks atmosphere, but it is not a strictly family atmosphere either. You find singles and families here, but they do their own thing. Bali is a tremendous island to explore on your own or on an excursion. BTW, English is the common language at the club. Also, the food in the Asian clubs is stunning. Of course, there are plenty of activities right outside the club as well, and within walking distance.

I had a great time there, but getting there from the US is more than a one day flying trip. You will probably have to layover in Singapore. I highly recommend the Ambassador Transit Hotel right in Changi Airport, especially if you arrive late at night and have to leave in the morning.

John
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jun
John,

Very good description of an Asian family village. Thanks.
Exactly what I would have said myself having also been to Bali (a long time ago) and twice in Phuket in 2008.

In Phuket, we were quite a number of French or French speaking GMs among which lots of expats also. We used to have our 'happy hour' before dinner and wouldn't eat before 8 PM or so, when most of the Asians were already waiting for the show which started at 9:30 PM only.
Can't remember of any American GMs though, but quite some from South Africa including some SA GOs.

KateTrapeze
21 Posts
Jul
Bali is also known to have HUGE amounts of Australian G.Ms as it is only 6hrs flying from Australia.

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/26/2024 at 3:35:02 AM