Club Med Kemer

June 5 - 14

nickf
88 Posts
May
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
This will be my first CM outside of Cancun (3x) and Turkoise (8x), so I am not new to CM. I know Duda from Turkoise and some other G.O's who have worked there too. What should I expect? Any advise? Especially, trying to get sleep on an 11 hour flight. My longest flight previously is 6 hrs. I understand as an American I need to get a Visa. My agent told me it cost $20 and see that I can get one at the airport in Istanbul. Most importantly is anyone else out there from the land of CMP going to be there?

Much appreciated in advance,

Nick
Please login or register to reply
sunshine007
273 Posts
May
Hi Nick

I will be arriving on June 13 for two weeks. this will be my fourth time there. Be ready to party hard. Its somewhat of a wake up call after T&C. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. How is your french though, it is 95% french in the club and Duda will always say everything in three to four languages, english being one of them. Just be prepared to party and party hard.

sunshine007
CLUBMEDNORM
45 Posts
May
I will be going to Kemer at the end of June, for the first time as well. I have done Cancun (21x) and Turks (21x). I spoke with the Turkish Consulate in New York. They said the cost of a visa is $45.00. Of course, speaking with them is like talking with Turkish Airlines. You can never get a straight answer a question. You can also get a visa at their consulate, assuming you are in an area where they have a consulate.

I have spoken with "sunshine007" who has given me lots of info. Don't forget to bring an electrical adapter if you have a cell phone, Ipod/Iphone or razor to charge. Don't forget that once you arrive in Istanbul you have the connecting flight to Antalya and then an hour and 15 minute ride to the village.

If you plan on using the Internet, Wi-fi in the village is very bad. I've been told there are internet cafes about 2 minutes away by taxi or a 10 minute walk. If you are bringing your cell phone make sure to check, in advance, what the rate will be. With AT&T and their international plan Turks is $1.49 per minute. Turkey is $1.99 a minute. Don't forget that since the Wi-Fi signal is bad, if you are bringing a Blackberry or Iphone remember... you pay separately for usage. You most likely will not get signal for a laptop. If you intend on using a Iphone or Blackberry you may want to check with your carrier if they have a rate package. I know AT&T does.

Of course there is also the currency difference. As Sunshine007 says, yes be prepared for French. I don't speak French English. English should also be widely spoken, so I am told. If not, we will make it so. I also know several G.O.'s that will be there and they speak English, as does Duda.

The word is that after being on the plane for a couple of hours, they will feed you and then try to fall asleep so the 7 hour time difference doesn't hit so hard. Of course traveling back, with the time difference I am told will be worse. As with you, my flying times have also been short.

Have you reserved your seatson the planes? After finding out the types of planes you will be traveling on, I suggest you go to www.seatguru.com and check out Turkish Airlines and the type of planes you will be traveleing on to see the layout of the planes. Do you have your E-ticket #? If not, get it from your travel agent or Club Med, if you booked directly through them. You will need it when you call Turkish Airlines to reserve a seat, preferably the ones with two seats together as opposed to sitting 4 in the middle. The layout of the plane from NY to Istanbul is usually 2,4,2. When you call Turkish Air, press #1 for English after going to the Reservations portion, click on the "make reservation". When the person answers the telephone it will be answered in Turkish. At that moment simply state "English Please" and they will switch you to someone who speaks English or some variation of it.

If you like to adhere to the evening dress codes All White and Elegant are a given. I have E-mailed the village to find out the rest of the week's code, if you are into it and will advise.

The following is a link for Kemer taken a few weeks ago.
http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/mNR1YahO/1411682/3885813

When you get back, let me know how it was.
Norman

taly3767
196 Posts
May
Both of you would have made a great team in Kemer together, two fun and energetic guys! I am sure language won't be a problem for you two! Hope you all have fun and let me know how it was when you return.
Have a great trip.
Nathalie
chrisbo
538 Posts
May
The ride from Antalya to Kemer is not 15 minutes, but rather 1 hour and 15 minutes. As for the overseas flight, take a sleeping pill, as you don't want to miss a minute in CM Kemer.

For the currencies used in Turkey apart of the local one, I would recommend you to get some Euros with which you can pay in any store. They are more used to Euros than to US Dollars. In CM you can of course pay the extras (boutique, excursions) with your US Credit Card.

If you fancy it, ask at reception to go one day over to Palmiye. Another beautiful village with an exceptional GO team, although there are a lot of kids, but why not visiting more than one place while you are there...

Have a great time in Kemer.
CLUBMEDNORM
45 Posts
May
Chrisbo.... If I am correct I stated the ride is "one hour & 15 minutes." Thanks for the info about the currencies.And yes, other people have also suggested taking a sleeping pill.

As far as the dress codes in Kemer at this time (in no particular order):

Cafe and Cream
Pink and Jeans for Singles / Blue and Jeans for Couples
White and Red
All Black
45 T shirt
All White
Elegant

Norman
chrisbo
538 Posts
May
Sorry Clubmednorm, I oversaw the "one hour"... I was quite tired after a busy tennis weekend....

CLUBMEDNORM
45 Posts
May
I checked again. The price for the Tourist Visa to Turkey from the U.S. is $20.00.

Norman
nickf
88 Posts
May
Thanks for the wishes Nat. I am looking to go back to Turkoise for bday week in October.

This was shared from a CMPer who has been to Kemer before:

"It's not so much a visa, as a sticker and a stamp to justify an entrance fee into Turkey."

Sunshine hope to see you. I will be leaving early in the morning on the 14th.

Clubmednorm - I only speak english too. I can understand and speak a little French

I can't wait especially to see faces that I know from Turkoise.

As they say... No Party No Kemer
sunshine007
273 Posts
May
Nick

it is a stamp that they put in your passport. Honestly it takes two seconds to get if there is no line-up, and if there is a line up, no biggie. Just remember they do want you to have the exact change and its all cash. Last time i was suppose to met a CMP in Kemer, he was there for a week, we never met (this club has lot of people) but you never know. Another time i ended up at dinner with two girls i met on CMP. So anything is possible. Hopefully we do meet Nick.

Just be ready to party.

MG
144 Posts
May
Helloo Sunshine007,

Long time since last post. Have you had any exceptional excursions at Kemer? Got one planned?

With multiple visits, I figured maybe ...

Really it's ...... No Kemer No Party

M
sunshine007
273 Posts
May
Hey M

Unfortunately no planned excursions, just winging it these days. Last year the trip was a write off for me. To difficult to explain. Hopefully maybe something this year. you just never know. But the big thing for me is to see some friends, and relax, its been a year since i have had a vacation. Need to decompress. LoL

NO KEMER NO PARTY!!!
Michaela
4 Posts
May
Sunshine007 - what do you mean Kemer is somewhat of a wake up call after T&C? How so? I have been in T&C twice and always had a great time. How is Kemer different? Thinking about going June 27-July 5.

Norm - I think we were at T&C at the same time (Thanksgiving 08). You seem to be very well informed. Are there many former T&C GOs in Kemer for this season?
sunshine007
273 Posts
May
Michaela

I have been to T&C many times, to many to count. And don't get me wrong but it is a blast but it also depends on the right crowd and in truth the CM is trying to cater the NA zone to a different group and not really the single crowd. Sorry calling it as i see it. Kemer, its party 100% of the time day or night. It just doens't stop. Crazy signs at night go on for an hour. T&C is great but Kemer is more energy than you will imagine. In one season of Kemer which is May 1st to september 30th, i had friends go back i think 8 times, that was how nuts it was and each time the stories they came back with, crazy.

The DJ stays until the last person leaves, unlike in T&C he normally is done by 2 the latest and thats a late night, even if there are people still at the bar the music is done by 2.

YOu are thinking of going back to T&C or trying Kemer. Hey you love T&C go for it. But you want to experience something different try Kemer. send me a message and i will answer any of your questions. I have been there 3 times before and heading out in two weeks again.

NO KEMER NO PARTY
Michaela
4 Posts
May
Thanks Sunshine! I have actually booked Kemer for w/c 27/6. What you say about the DJ sounds promising as I was truly unimpressed w/ the DJ at T&C last year. You mean Canadians go there pretty regularly? It's a long way from Canada..! What other nationalities? I am over 25 ;-), so wondering if I can party so hard.. I guess I'll let you know how it goes.. any recommendations? I booked a hillside room.. Is it quite a hike up the hill? Thx
CLUBMEDNORM
45 Posts
May
Michaela:

Hi! I was in Turks during Thanksgiving Week. The only G.O. that was in Turks in November, 2008 that is now in Kemer is:

Daniella (Brazilian from Fitness).

If you were in Turks prior to November, 2008, former Turks G.O.'s that are now in Kemer are:

Mara (Brazilian Choreographer)
Maz (Brazilian Sailing G.O. and lead dancer in the shows)
Raz (Crazy Israeli that was in Sailing and then transfered to Landsports)
Pasquale (Housekeeping)
and of course, the Chief Eduardo ("Duda")...also Brazilian.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Norman
sunshine007
273 Posts
May
HI Michaela

No unfortunately Canadians don't go regularly, its a pain to get there. And more expensive cause you have to factor in the flight to get to europe. In the past i have been the token North American guest. :o) YOu will find people from France, Belgium, Israel, Switzerland, UK, those are the big ones. You will be fine at 25 and you will party hard i am sure of it. Yeah that hillside room, sucks (just my opinion). Just don't forget anything when you leave the room. I was in that location last year and was on the top floor, for two weeks i had no hot water. Due to the club being full to capacity i could not change rooms. Even though the climate is hot hot hot, i still wanted my hot showers. It was not the best circumstances. I know you will have better luck than me.

NO KEMER NO PARTY
Michaela
4 Posts
Jun
Thanks Norm. I know Raz from Thanksgiving 07 @ T&C. You too have a great holiday.
Michaela
4 Posts
Jun
Thx Sunshine.. Will try to change that room then..
ozzy
2 Posts
Jun
Heyyy,

Im gonna be there in June 6-13.

Im Turk and pleased to help you in any kind of Turkish problems :)

It'll be my first time in CM.Im 28 and single and i think its just fine.

I dont care about the room or the hot water i just wanna relax and enjoy.

Lets party then...

Now im in Istanbul,at work. My bus sets off on friday night.gonna be there in Saturday morning.

Hope to see you there.
Take care.

P.S. I dont speak French too :D

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/18/2024 at 2:18:55 PM