Home of a whole lot of Club Med information since 2003
Club Med Questions

News

Working For Club Med

Kate_O
First Post
Feb
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Hi there, im just looking into this as im interested in working for Club Med, I was wondering what the pay rates were like etc. And how many hours a day you generally work?? Also is it fun, im scared to apply for something in case it doesnt work out to be what i want...

I would most like apply for administrations/accounts/office roles as this is what i have done since i finished school, I have a cert 3 in business admin and have also done my RSA cert... I have also travelled a fair bit...

Please help...

Thanks Heaps
Kate

**Kate**
Please login or register to reply
Keith Macnab
54 Posts
Feb
Hmmmm...another Kate in bank/admin...aahhhh good times,good times...

Sorry was thinking about one of the most amazing women I ever met. She was Bank/admin for Club Med in 2001 on Paradise Island.

As for pay? back in 2001 I made about $20/day...worked 16hrs/day had 1 day off a week.
Don't forget, just because alot of CM's are located in the most beautiful settings...It's still a job...only longer.
That's why I have after 7yrs of wandering aimlessly through life...I re-applyied. Yup and as of next season I have been told there should be room for a 39yr old Bartender.
One of the very best things I ever did was apply. One of the stupidest things was not staying on. But back then I thought $$$ was the most important thing. WRONG. Personal happiness and life enjoyment out weigh it by a longshot.
CM is not a job...it's a lifestyle.

I don't do what the voices in my head say...... Unless it's a really cool idea.
Feb
At $20/day with 1 day off you must make $120/week. No wonder bartenders need tips, they're poor.
Keith Macnab
54 Posts
Feb
NO TIPPING...at CM....

For me...that's just fine. I have made and spent over $600,000 in the last 7yrs. There is soooooo much more to life than $$$$. It took me a long time to realize that. It's taken me even longer to truly understand it.

once you let go of everything that you think you know.Life becomes one WILD ride.

I don't do what the voices in my head say...... Unless it's a really cool idea.
lamcheeliang
2 Posts
Feb
Hi Kate,

How are you? I am an ex-GO Assistant Restaurant in the Asia Zone. I truly agree that Club Med is a working-lifestyle. You won't find any other job that has this. Imagine, you as a GO can have as much coffee, tea, juices, sodas, food, sports, etc as much as you need and when you have the time, except alcohol from the bar.

The learning curve is pretty much easy; depends on which service you are applying for. If you are in the office, you can participate in dances and entertainment.

As for me, I was in the restaurant. My spare time was, of course, during closing hours. Mingle with the guests (GM) and you learn cultures, languages, lifestyles, etc.

If you are looking into money/salary, Club Med does not pay high because:
1. They have already paid your traveling expenses and visas,
2. They provide you full-boarding (reasonable),
3. They are providing you an experience, a package that the Real World does not give.
4. They give you the responsibility of saving money ;).

I left because I got married. I might go back to it...but I shall see then.

Take care Kate.
iceman75
4 Posts
Mar
mmm,i'm wondering what is so special about this CM,But after i've been there for a moment of time ,now i realize why people so crazy about this place..It's so tremendous to say with word coz after you come back your mind still sticky in every moment you've spend!!
what a wonderwow places on earth!!!

Oneidas

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/27/2024 at 5:45:13 AM