Club Med Val d'Isère

internet

adamnowicki
6 Posts
Aug
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
is internet available and on what basis ?
could someone let me know that
should I take my laptop or not ?
Thanks
Adam
Please login or register to reply
Radiohead
4 Posts
Oct
I've just seen your question, so this may be academic.

We went there in 2005 the internet was awful. It cost €15 for 45 min card and was so slow - dial-up (pages kept freezing). Reception hadn't a clue how it worked and a fellow guest generously (but misguidedly) tried to help me log on, but all his unsuccessful efforts ate into my allotted time (over 50%). It helps if you're used to French keyboards (where's the d**n '@' key??!!) and also Apple Macs.

But a lot can happen in 2 years, technology-wise. We went to Chamonix last year and free wi-fi was available (but never worked on my friend's laptop) so if CM have made it a Group decision, free wi-fi might be available in Val d'isere now.
Klubmed-x
39 Posts
Oct
Im pretty sure they have Wire-less systems happening in the villages if you take your own laptop.
But ones that are already there usually costs

x_Karen
-- Going too far is the same as not enough --
adamnowicki
6 Posts
Oct
Thank you
I will try to get on the village's net and see what they have there in terms of the info on this topic.
Thanks again
Adam
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Oct
Adam

I'd check with the French web page (the most informative), since the US one doesn't give any info about internet, etc.

(And yes, they do list internet and Wifi.)

Scroll down to 'Prestations et Services hôteliers':
http://www.clubmed.fr/cgi-bin/clubmed55/SP/villagesHeading.do?PAYS=133&LANG=FR&CODLSC=VISC&CODRUB=8&CODDOA=000002

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/25/2024 at 6:08:40 PM