Club Med St. Moritz Roi Soleil

General Info?

all1974
27 Posts
Feb
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Hello!
I'll leave to sankt moritz in march....
nonoone speaks about this village..... Why?
I've been there 20 years ago.... I'd like to know some opinions!
Thanks
Please login or register to reply
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Feb
I suspect the GMs who go to Roi Soleil (that is what the village is called) do not necessarily post here.
I think, the clientèle is a mix of mostly Italians and Russians and then, a bit of all.

Here's a short discussion about the village. A bit dated though...
http://www.clubmedplanet.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3569&SearchTerms=St.,Moritz

Anyway, the skiing area is top and for all levels. But with the warm weather we are having here right now, the snow may be almost gone by March, unless we get some more... probably this weekend.
The Corvatsch will always be skiable. I once went there in August.

If you want info about St. Moritz and the Engadine Valley, here it is (in Italian):
http://www.engadin.ch/007stm_00_it.htm
all1974
27 Posts
Feb
Thanks!
I live near Suisse in Italy and I know the Engadin's area but I'm demanding why noone speaks about Roi soleil.... I've also been in Victoria (another club med in s. moritz ) when it was open...
Really now there are a lot of Russian people?
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Feb
The Russians are in invading some resorts in Switzerland (and other countries, too) and mainly St. Moritz and Zermatt, yes.
Some hotels (also in Austria) refuse to book larger Russian groups or don't accept them at all.
alex_16
61 Posts
Feb
Probably because this forum is more frequented by American's and Canadian's. If people come this far to go to St. Moritz, the chances that they will stay in a Club Med are small. It is more Europeans that will stay at Roi Soleil and chances that they find out about this site are pretty small.
I've been to St. Moritz and I think Kiki has given the best advice on the hills. The CDV is Phillip Pelan, he's fantastic!

*alex*

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/27/2024 at 7:21:40 AM