Club Med Sandpiper Bay

Miami to Sandpiper

GODJ
1353 Posts
Jun
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Hello Folks,

Thanks to the incredible service talents of Nathalie at Margarita Travel (yes again) Mr and Mrs GODJ are going to Sandpiper in less than 10 days

We have a question though, what would be the easiest (and cheapest, of course) way to get from Miami Airport to Sandpiper.

Thank you & Merci beaucoup

Mr & Mrs GODJ
Please login or register to reply
clubmike
84 Posts
Jun
Residing in Miami, I would drive you there myself and stay awhile if I could!! Sorry! You have a 2 hour drive. Perhaps a one way rental would be cheaper than a taxi. Any other public transportation would be a nightmare with the luggage. Try calling the rental car agencies. I believe Enterprise is the least expensive in South Florida. Maybe our friend Margarita Girl can help!
chrisbo
538 Posts
Jun
Hello Godj,
We have been three times in Sandpiper. If you rent a car from Europe for a week, it is cheaper than renting it in the USA for a one-way trip. You would have to rent another one for the way back to Miami airport when leaving. We have tried one year a one way rental, but it finally gets up to the same price as a week's rental made in Europe or even higher. Alamo is not that expensive and they have small cars.
By the way, you might still want to use the car from time to time to go shopping. There are nice malls not that far from Club Med (nearby the US1 highway), but if you want to walk, the way back will be long with all the shopping bags ! I would definitely keep the car.
Have a great time in Sandpiper, it's a wonderful village.
Bisous Chrisbo
sass1973
83 Posts
Jun
i don't have any advice for you Godj... but just wanted to say... i hope you two have a wonderful trip!
Margarita Girl
598 Posts
Jun
Hmmm, well I think I will call AIR CLUB MED and see what I can do.
I know some people in transport.
Nathalie

Margarita Travel Inc.
"Your Exclusive Club Med Travel Agency"
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Jun
Just contact 'le trafic' in Sandpiper and ask, whether there's a shuttle to the village the time you arrive and have yourselves put on the list. You'll be charged the official transfer fee, but it will be a lot less than renting a car or taking a taxi.
But then, I agree. A car in Sandpiper may be a plus.
GODJ
1353 Posts
Jun
WHat would I do without you all ... and Nathalie !!!
drbri
340 Posts
Jun
From West Palm Beach, shuttle versus car rental might be a tossup, but from Miami definitely get the car and keep it, plus that almost certainly would be cheaper than two dropoffs. Plus you'll definitely want to hit the Wal-Mart :P
chrisbo
538 Posts
Jun
... and the sports shop close to Wal Maart.....

(I left my fortune in there !)
FlyGirl
527 Posts
Jun
Does Sandpiper actually have a shuttle from Miami? I would think that the might from West Palm Beach, but since Miami airport is so much further away, I don't know if they would.

- Lisa (a.k.a. FlyGirl)
AvMan911
19 Posts
Jun
Yes...there are shuttles from Miami...and they are arranged from within the Village of Sandpiper, through the Traffic Manager, Scott. The rates are expensive....especially if you are going to and from Miami!! I would strongly recommend a rental car, weekly rates are not too bad from either alamo...or if you go with Enterprise...there is one in Port St. Lucie (the town that Sandpiper is in) if you needed anything.

The rental car is the best bet...because there really are things outside of the village (like civilization...not terribly common at other CM villages!).

Have fun and tell everyone there hi for me!!

R.J.
XGO Sandpiper (at Turkoise now)
GODJ
1353 Posts
Jun
Hello all,
We amde it to Sandpiper with a rental from Alamo which we got through the ClubMedPlanet Car rental service (available on this site, sorry for the shameless self promotion, but it worked and was indeed much cheaper). So now we have a car for more than two weeks for the price of just the shuttle ... just great ...

Now we just need a reason to leave the village, that will be more difficult ...

Have fun,
We are.
Mr & Mrs GODJ

PS: Anyone who can spot Mr and Mrs GODJ at Sandpiper gets a free PIN
clubmike
84 Posts
Jun
Glad you made out well. Hope the weather improves. All the more reason to bring back the Sundance. If you would like, in the event that you meet Yana from Mexico, the head of reception, please say hello from the Miami family with the crying baby boy she soothed one day at lunch in mid-May, she will remember that one! And tell CDV Tom sorry that the Miami Heat beat his Dirk Nowitzky. Enjoy!

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/27/2024 at 12:15:09 AM