Home of a whole lot of Club Med information since 2003
Club Med Questions

News

Club med vs sandals/superclubs/etc

drybonaducci
3 Posts
Mar
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
I never been in a med or a sandals (any all-inclusive)
What s the differences?Why Med? rooms?sports?services?food?GO?why?
Thank you for the sugestion
Please login or register to reply
playa1
49 Posts
Mar
There's nothing like Club Med! You can't beat the social atmosphere and the GO's go out of their way to make sure everyone is having a great time. In my opinion, this is different from the other all-inclusive clubs where the employees are just there to do their jobs.
brianezra2
537 Posts
Mar
The only other all-inclusive I've been to is Beaches (part of the Sandals resort), so I'll speak to that one. Also, before choosing my first Club Med vacation, I heavily researched many other all-inclusive resorts. The facility is generally fancier...the rooms have nicer amenities, and the grounds are generally more decorated. There is more choice of dining options. In addition to the main buffet, there are several specialty restaurants and the quality of food is generally quite good. As far as sports...the Scuba is included in the price of your package...one dive per day including resort certification if you choose to partake. Those are the advantages.

That said, there is no place on Earth like Club Med. The wide array of sporting activities far outmatches anything offered by Beaches, and everywhere else I've researched for vacation options. The kids clubs are unmatched, although Beaches does offer nighttime babysitting in the room for a fee which is a real bonus, and at CM you have to use a group Siesta Club for nighttime babysitting...not the best option in my opinion. The food, while restaurant choices are more limited, is very good in most cases, and the white chocolate bread makes up for anywhere else it might be lacking. The rooms are spartan, but more than adequate. But be prepared...the beds are hard as rocks. The goal here is to be so exhausted by the time you hit the sack that it won't matter! The shows are amaturish (sp?), but fun to watch, with the exception of trapeze and circus which are always outstanding, and like nothing you will see anywhere else. But by far the best and most unusal thing about CM compared to any other resort, all-inclusive or otherwise are the GOs (code for staff). Anywhere else staff is staff and guests are guest and the don't mix. At CM, the GOs not only teach you, the play with you, and become your friends. It is fantastic. CM is also far more reasonably priced that most of the other all-inclusives, even with their recent move towards upgrading the product.

Hope this gives you a little of the help you were looking for.

Geri a.k.a. brianezra2
maurizio
169 Posts
Mar
Dear Brianezra2
Are you sure that ClubMed will be the same with the new deals proposed by H.G.E.?
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Mar
After listening to the webcast of the annual meeting on clubmed.com there is no question that the new club med will be different. There will only be three and four trident clubs (Martinique, due to re-open in 2006 will be a three trident). It costs 10% more to run 3 & 4 trident clubs and they can charge up to 40% more. Do the math. The amenities will be better, the rooms will be nicer. Regrettably, they will probably be wired as well. The price will definitely be higher. However, that being said, Henri seems to understand the uniqueness of the club. I'm sure that they didn't survey 3,000 GO's just to make them feel good. I am sure that the GO-GM relationship will remain. That's what makes the club special, and management knows a good thing when they see it, and that's a selling point.

John
brianezra2
537 Posts
Mar
Maurizio,

Every club I've been to has been a 3 trident club, and seen how they are transitioning and upgrading (at least at Turks...non-renovated into renovated rooms), the appointments are prettier, and getting closer to some of the Beaches-styles resorts, but in terms of size and ameneties it still is a startan accomodation. Even the increase in price doesn't bring it to the prices of the other resorts...at least in the Carribean. I can't say if the same is true in Europe and Asia where several of the clubs offer complete spa packages. Keep in mind that as CM is increasing it's prices, the other resorts are doing the same, even if not at quite the same rate. Year after year, I've still found CM to be the best bang for the buck, even this coming summer with the more dramatic price increase. I hope this trend will continue. Also, travel savvy GM's keeping their eyes open for CM's frequent specials can come away with deals that I've never seen offered at the other resorts, i.e. - the 7-day weekend, or the gateway package for those traveling from big hub cities like New York, Miami or LA.

Geri a.k.a. brianezra2
pinky
283 Posts
Mar
yes...and club med doesn`t charge a single supplement if you are willing to share...most other resorts rip you off in that respect...have to do serious research to avoid that

pinky

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/27/2024 at 3:21:31 AM