Home of a whole lot of Club Med information since 2003
Club Med Information

News

Free WiFi

Chicago Jim
22 Posts
Nov
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Just saw that CM is now offering free WiFi. Great news but kind of odd. Just got a CM email saying I was Silver and can buy WiFi at 50% off unless this is for some premium WiFi. Leaving for Turks in less than a month.
Please login or register to reply
AmateurGO
560 Posts
Nov
I suspect that CM is offering faster WiFi for more money, like many hotels do now. When we were in Turkoise a couple of weeks ago we had to pay for WiFi (although I objected, knowing that free WiFi was coming) and the initial log-in screen did have some wording on it about "Premium WiFi". I have always been able to get a decent signal in the rooms but it certainly would not have been sufficient to stream video or such. I suspect the premium (extra cost) Sifi would allow streaming video and other functions which require higher and more consistent speeds.
I believe this "free WiFi" is supposed to be across all of Club Med so we'll check it out next week in Cancun.
Chicago Jim
22 Posts
Nov
We use USA-transfers.com for rides to and from the Club. It one time there was a knock company with a similar name. The correct one also offers Entertainment Plus book. they are pretty prompt. I just hate to wait for the CM bus to fill-up. Have a good time!
AmateurGO
560 Posts
Nov
Thanks Jim... We may check it out if it looks like the CM bus will take a while.
Anyone know if there is a GO Transportation guy in Cancun like Diesel at Turkoise?

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/27/2024 at 3:15:58 AM